Shipping a table (1 Viewer)

Jackypoo

Two Pair
Reaction score
What's the best way to ship an oval table? Dimensions are 90×42.
I have a buyer for my table but they aren't local and I'm not really sure it's worth the trouble.

It isn't worth it. No real way to do it safely and securely unless you build a wood box to put it in, and then the added weight makes shipping prohibitively expensive.

Build a plywood crate. 3/4" plywood for the short sides, 3/8" for the skins, about $100 of material plus the time to cut the pieces down to size. Freight companies will ship something crated up like that but it's not for the faint of heart.

I have quotes to ship my old table for about $250 via uShip. That’s your best bet imo

Hey everyone thanks for the replies. Sounds like this is just too cost prohibitive for a table that's only worth a few hundred bucks.

When I shipped it was in a plywood box. Like 8x65x65. $150 to box it up.. the guy from Massachusetts had it shipped, not sure what it cost him...

I have quotes to ship my old table for about $250 via uShip. That’s your best bet imo
Looks like a great price without knowing the distance. All depends on what’s in the box as far as If it’s worth it I suppose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom