Shipping 3 chips US to Canada? (1 Viewer)

aaronroch

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Need advice,
I need to ship 3 chips from the US to Canada.
Total envelope weight 1.1 oz.
total package value 18 cents.

How do I do this with least expense and hassle? I don’t want to spend $10 to ship $0.18 worth of chips...

Do I embed the chips in a piece of corrugated cardboard, say they are documents and send international first class?

Thanks!
-Aaron

Letter mail. Tape chips side by side on a piece of card or cereal box top, hide within 3 folded sheets of letter paper. It works. I've sent and received several letters like this over the past few months.

Letter mail. Tape chips side by side on a piece of card or cereal box top, hide within 3 folded sheets of letter paper. It works. I've sent and received several letters like this over the past few months.

Thanks! That sounds easy enough.

Uh, can I slap 3 domestic “forever” stamps on there and put it in my local mailbox? Or do I specifically need first-class international stamps?

(This is apparently the first time I’ve mailed something to Canada? Could that really be true?)

Facepalm.
I just realized allforcharity lives in BC. (Typical American, asking someone from another country how my own country’s post office works.)

Er... does anyone know the answer to my US stamp question above?

Thanks everyone! The “embed in corrugated cardboard only took a minute to do and after it was wrapped in 3 sheets of paper really feels like documents.

The interwebz thinks I can use 3 US domestic forever stamps, so I did that.

Think this would work for two dealer buttons, as well? Two will definitely fit in a regular envelope, even surrounded by cardboard. I'm having trouble finding out a cost for that though.

well poop … just use a small-ish padded envelope then (still surrounding the buttons with cardboard)?

Thanks everyone! The “embed in corrugated cardboard only took a minute to do and after it was wrapped in 3 sheets of paper really feels like documents.

The interwebz thinks I can use 3 US domestic forever stamps, so I did that.

Just following up: this worked flawlessly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom