Shipping 2 chips (1 Viewer)

Steamtrain

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I’m looking for the Best way to ship 2 CPC clay chips from US to US adresses.

yes
There is a sticky but it has over 500 posts and the few pages I went through did not have tricks for me.

I put it in a plastic chip sleeve (cut from a binder sheet) and then sandwich it between cereal box cardboard. Other cardboard can be too thick.

Staple around the edge of the chip so it won't move (4 staples per chip).
You have to pay for a non-machineable stamp, so like 80c? If you do it right, it'll be thin enough to get through the "envelope" slot/measuring unit at the post office.

It is riskier, since there isn't any padding, but I've never had anything happen (knock on wood).

For CPC chips you really need to wrap the chip in seranwrap. Then tape them down to the inside of some cereal box type cardboard. Just taping a CPC chip can cause the tape to pull out the inlay when removing the chip. Tape it flat and cut the corners so they don’t rip through the padded envelope. Should easily come in at below lettermail weight limits. :tup:

Or ya can put them in a Greeting/Birthday Card Envelope between 2, 3X5 index cards. Put 2 stamps and it should go through ok.

Either method will work fine.

I put it in a plastic chip sleeve (cut from a binder sheet) and then sandwich it between cereal box cardboard. Other cardboard can be too thick.

Staple around the edge of the chip so it won't move (4 staples per chip).
You have to pay for a non-machineable stamp, so like 80c? If you do it right, it'll be thin enough to get through the "envelope" slot/measuring unit at the post office.

It is riskier, since there isn't any padding, but I've never had anything happen (knock on wood).
D5304B93-9B3A-4736-8382-93C8CFA789FF.png

The most important thing here is to MAKE SURE THE POST OFFICE MARKS IT NON-MACHINABLE.

I recently added extra stamps AND went to the post office with a 3 chip envelope and they never actually MARKED it non-machinable and the end recipient got an empty envelope which I refunded him for.

Now I deliver to the post-office, WATCH them "NM" mark it, and zero problems in my small sample size of like 5 shipments.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom