Shameless 1000th Post - Request for Donations (2 Viewers)

Congrats on the upcoming anniversary! I think it's great that you want to give back and I'm glad you posted this. I pledge $1 a hole.

Good luck!!

I'm in for a $50 flat donation, + $10/per eagle. GL, and hit 'em straight!

Thank you!!! None of the Par 5's are reachable for me but I have carded 4 eagles in the 20 years I've been playing there. Gonna need some luck for sure but I'm going to do my best.

Congrats on the upcoming anniversary! I think it's great that you want to give back and I'm glad you posted this. I pledge $1 a hole.

Good luck!!

Thank you so much Paul. Giving back is the absolute least I can do. Not counting the pledges for my game-day performance (or cash/checks folks have donated) I'm currently at just under $1k raised and still have a couple weeks to go! :)

Links,

We got $300 for your cause with the Mystery Box raffle. Just give me a few days to move funds.

Holy shit...fantastic!! As I said to you via PM, this was VERY generous of you - I was (and still am) blown away that you decided to do this. Thanks to you and everyone that bought raffle tickets!

Reactions: H|Q
I teed off at 5:45 am today. My wife joined me in the cart right around 9:00 am. I had 72 holes in by lunch time. Ate a fantastic burger for lunch with my wife and my mom, played 18 more, stopped for an interview with the local newspaper, played 9 more, and then the final 9 with my dad. It was a pretty sweet day. Here are some numbers. I'll be in touch with everyone that pledged in the next few days - I'm pretty wiped right now and it has been hard enough keeping my eyes open to type this much.

Holes Played: 108
Total Strokes: 492 491
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 6
Pars: 38
Bogeys: 54 55
Double Bogey+: 9

Chip-Ins: 1
One Putts: 27
Two Putts: 75
Three Putts: 5

Lost/Water Balls: 9

9 hole splits: 39 / 40 / 43 / 38 / 38 / 41 / 39 / 40 / 42 / 43 / 43 / 45

By my preliminary math it looks like everyone that chose option 3 owes $47.96 and I owe $24. And with all the other fun pledges (Larry's $10/stroke under 40 per 9, the $1/hole folks, etc.) it looks like we raised $1258.94 today.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Last edited:
CONGRATS!!

Change my pledge.

$1/hole
$2/chip-in
$10/lost/water balls

Go buy some balls for next year!

:)

Awesome job Josh! Well done. I'll send pledge this weekend.

Linkstrong! Josh, Thanks for all you do for cancer research! I'll send my donation this weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 66
I teed off at 5:45 am today. My wife joined me in the cart right around 9:00 am. I had 72 holes in by lunch time. Ate a fantastic burger for lunch with my wife and my mom, played 18 more, stopped for an interview with the local newspaper, played 9 more, and then the final 9 with my dad. It was a pretty sweet day. Here are some numbers. I'll be in touch with everyone that pledged in the next few days - I'm pretty wiped right now and it has been hard enough keeping my eyes open to type this much.

Holes Played: 108
Total Strokes: 492
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 6
Pars: 38
Bogeys: 54
Double Bogey+: 9

Chip-Ins: 1
One Putts: 27
Two Putts: 75
Three Putts: 5

Lost/Water Balls: 9

9 hole splits: 39 / 40 / 43 / 38 / 38 / 41 / 39 / 40 / 42 / 43 / 43 / 45

By my preliminary math it looks like everyone that chose option 3 owes $47.96 and I owe $24. And with all the other fun pledges (Larry's $10/stroke under 40 per 9, the $1/hole folks, etc.) it looks like we raised $1258.94 today.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! Way to have fun and help a super worthy cause Josh... Outstanding!!

I double checked all my numbers (a few edits made to post #35) and here is what I came up with for everyone that pledged:

@ChaosRock - $47.96
@Mr Tree - $47.96
@Tommy - $47.96 (received - THANK YOU!)
@pltrgyst - $168.00
@Ronoh - $47.96 (received and then some - THANK YOU!)
@courage - $57.96
@Forest@Farmington - $47.96
@MikesDad - $47.96
@pokerplayingpisces - $50.00
@PAZ - $108.00
@JFCJ - $120.00 (let me know if I got this right :))

Please either make your donation through the link in the OP or send PayPal to links_slayer[at]yahoo[dot]com.

Here are some pics from the event.

From the first tee boxes the night before:
e6ytCeY.jpg

Not a bad start - my 2nd shot on the first hole:
sXY4uxr.jpg

LINKS_STRONG
dFcPrSX.jpg

Repping Club Courage
Tfn2jsc.jpg

My Caddie :) :)
s3LLfSR.jpg

On the tee of my 108th hole with the old man:
366eXdG.jpg

Finally Done....and Totally Exhausted
BT2zyKw.jpg

Thank you so much to everyone that donated and/or pledged this year. We destroyed last year's total and are currently at over $3,500. I am very proud of this number and so grateful for everyone's generosity.

Paid up finally. Great job, Josh! I can't imagine playing that many holes in a day but it'd be fun to try. I'd have 3x the number of strokes lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom