Shall I really do this? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
After being back in a "poker chip mode" after nearly ten years of rest, I decided to go for a custom set to honor the birth of my son this summer (see also this thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/op-udpated-cpc-customs-project-mos-poker-room.56037/) - inlay artwork is pretty set

First thought was to go for CPC customs, but after some days went by and I read some threads here, I came to the question: "Why do making this a label project?"

I have made two labeled custom sets in the past:

- ASM "Mujaba Club"
- Paulson THC "Mujaba Club"

paulson_mujaba.jpg
asm_mujaba.jpg

BUT ... I bought solid chips for these and put the label on in (not very hard) - but as this set will have a special meaning, I am thinking about going PAULSON (no solids) on this one ... I want to make my hands dirty (hopefully not too bloody) for my son's set.

I read a lots of thread about removing inlays (I know it will be hard).

Of course I would have to look for the appropriate chips here in the classifieds (I have no doubt I will find enough) - maybe someone who has gone trough the whole process can tell me if it is worth the effort when looking t their labeled set?

Some general questions:
- @Gear is THE ressource for labels these days right?
- can any paulson chip be re-labeled (with common methods)?

I appreciate any feedback on this thread, I need tobe brought back to the world of poker chips again :D

I’ve used gear labels and he does great work.

As for which Paulsons can be relabeled, any where the current label extends into the mold (like the grand inlay RHCs) will be impossible. Other ones you can do label over if there is enough recess, or inlay replacement if not

Thanks ... looks like price for Paulsons THC have gone up significally over the last years ... maybe budget is not big enough for this project :banghead:

Thanks ... looks like price for Paulsons THC have gone up significally over the last years ... maybe budget is not big enough for this project :banghead:
RHC are slightly more affordable. Obviously not as ideal for some people

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom