Set inspired by Paulson Classic (1 Viewer)

Galatolol

Waiting List
Reaction score
I've been thinking about ordering a CPC set which would be basically Paulson Classic + Progen 80 (gray), with 3D14 instead of 4D14.
I wouldn't use it to play poker (but another kind of games). It's not denominated on purpose.

Here's what I've come up with:

index.png

The only thing that slightly bothers me is that the set uses black twice (all other colours are unique). I've been using Progens and it never bothered me though.
My favourite gray would be based on Paulson WTHC, but it could be confused with white (all colours are basically the same, but darker). Dirty stacks being readable is the priority.

index2.png

Possibly there is a better approximation of Paulson Classic using CPC colour scheme?

Bright white would be a better choice than standard white, and won't be mistaken for your grey WTHC 5000 clone.

Personally, I think the 3d14 pattern looks cleaner than 4d14. Just don't add spot-colored inlays. :vomit:

As tributes, base and spot colors don't need to be exact -- and that's impossible anyway, given the differences between the two color palettes. Choose the color combos you like best (brighter theme, more subtle theme, whatever).

Very Nice. Looking to expand my 98 CDI set, and looking to doing something similar. Would use the jockey mold and that looks the closest to the THC.

Here's the new gray I'm considering.

index.png

By the way, I should have posted this thread in the Poker Chip Mockup and Design subforum, maybe a moderator can move it there?

I would encourage you to spend more time looking at other chips in the forums before you move forward with these. I fear you will later regret it if you order a tribute to the Paulson classics.

I am considering this for adding on to my 98 CDI set if I can't find CDMs or LeCoves to murder and relabel. Will either top set or bottom set.
CDI Add ons both.jpg

I would encourage you to spend more time looking at other chips in the forums before you move forward with these. I fear you will later regret it if you order a tribute to the Paulson classics.
Yes, all us Classics owners are constantly disappointed and filled with regret, :rolleyes:

Yes, all us Classics owners are constantly disappointed and filled with regret, :rolleyes:
The previous home market paulsons such as the classics are sometimes entry level paulsons that one graduates from once one sees what else is out there. If that’s the case it would be quite a waste to base a custom set on them. Then of course there are those who have seen it all and still love the classics. Which is all good obviously, no point in arguing taste.

Of the 3 yellows CPC offers, that one would be the worst of the bunch in my opinion.
Same goes for the pink. Dg pink is far superior, I think.
Do you have color samples?
Don't have actual samples. Might have to look into getting a color set sample to see actual colors and weights. The DG pink is too close to my $5 98 CDI chip color. DG are not weighted either.

The weight difference is not that big. Someone posted pics of some weighted and unweighted CPC on here and they were around 9 and 8 grams respectively if I remember correctly.
Definately get color samples, my eyes were opened big time. ;)

This is good advice I think. Take your time (at least a few months) before moving forward with any plans. Order samples, play around with different chips, you will most likely (not 100% of course but I think very likely) find that you actually prefer to just buy a set of classics (cheaper than CPC's at this point or at least very close in price) or want something new altogether. What I thought I wanted a year ago when I joined PCF was completely different just a few short months later having handled some different chips/sets.

I must have grays and chips must be plain (not labeled), so buying real Classics—or any Paulsons really*—is out of the question.

I've been lurking PCF for over a year now and, while I appreciate many sets, I still like 3D14 the most.

As a matter of fact, I've already ordered the set. With a risky gray, but whatever. If it doesn't work, I'll order new grays and I know what to do with the old :)

*I think it's not possible to remove a Paulson inlay in a way that the chip looks like a mint plain chip. If it's not the case and I can find a set of 100 whites, 100 reds, 100 grays, 70 blacks and 30 purples, at up to $1.4 a piece, let me know :) From what I've seen, grays tend to be quite expensive.

I must have grays and chips must be plain (not labeled), so buying real Classics—or any Paulsons really*—is out of the question.

I've been lurking PCF for over a year now and, while I appreciate many sets, I still like 3D14 the most.

As a matter of fact, I've already ordered the set. With a risky gray, but whatever. If it doesn't work, I'll order new grays and I know what to do with the old :)

*I think it's not possible to remove a Paulson inlay in a way that the chip looks like a mint plain chip. If it's not the case and I can find a set of 100 whites, 100 reds, 100 grays, 70 blacks and 30 purples, at up to $1.4 a piece, let me know :) From what I've seen, grays tend to be quite expensive.
Why do you want your chips to be blank?

Honest question. Why not just get dice chips then?

...or roulettes

Really? I have to explain that on PCF?

Because they don't feel right, they aren't clay, they are too heavy, they don't have edge spots/texture I like. I'm also a chipper, so there is that irrational urge to get a nice set, even though I could perfectly well use any of my 3 cheaper sets.

You really think that the only reason to purchase from CPC is to have custom inlays? So why not buy some Claysmiths, order new labels at Gear or somewhere else and just relabel the chips any time someone wants to make a custom set?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom