Serious Question... Addicted to Poker? (2 Viewers)

But at this point, I think it's all good
Good to hear, you must have taken my advice! In all seriousness as it appears to be the MTTD that set this in motion, if you plan to host MTTD3 you may want to take a page out of Mr. Tree's playbook and send the wife & kiddos somewhere fun for the weekend :)

Step one: send the wife to family so she has help with the kids. Grandparents are preferred because they will take the kids themselves for blocks of time allowing the wife to have some mental sanity time.

Step 2: have everything EXACTLY like she left it before she gets back....like it never happened.

Step 3: bribe her judiciously and tell her how amazingly lucky you are to have a wife who understands your degen ways.

Step four: discuss dates for the next year.

Wash, rinse, repeat

Good to hear, you must have taken my advice! In all seriousness as it appears to be the MTTD that set this in motion, if you plan to host MTTD3 you may want to take a page out of Mr. Tree's playbook and send the wife & kiddos somewhere fun for the weekend :)

Yes, the event sucked a lot of time in the weeks/months leading up to it, and yes, I was absent to help with the kids for the weekend... but my wife actually enjoyed the people she met this weekend, and didn't mind the meetup, per se. But the wife will be a lot happier now that I've got more free time to devote to family endeavors...

Oh, and I'm about to leave for my Wednesday game... I didn't mention it until tonight, until after I'd mowed the lawn, cleaned the garage, helped the kids with their homework, discussed a weekend date-night, and made plans for other family activities this weekend (like a day of rock-climbing/hiking, Memorial Day party, etc...). ...she didn't seem to blink at my mention of playing cards tonight.

Like I said, awesome wife ---> who was having a bad/frustrating day...

Oh, about the pokerz when we started dating... Poker was a monthly social gathering with my long-time friends. Nothing serious. Moved into our current neighborhood, and I started getting sucked into neighborhood games, and that started my chip/poker passion. My wife and I shared many interests at the start... Both of us were into triathlons (hence my name). However, neither of us is very athletically competitive anymore. We are both competitive people, which is maybe why I like exercising my brain in competitive exploits like poker?

My wife is one tough, competitive woman... who once completed an Ironman with a broken leg... One time she was doing a smaller triathlon and had a flat tire 2 miles from the bike finish. She was out of the running for medals, but finishing was still important to her. She took off her biking shoes, ran along the side of the road (barefoot) to the transition area, then put on her running shoes and finished the race (just out of principle). ;)

Step one: send the wife to family so she has help with the kids. Grandparents are preferred because they will take the kids themselves for blocks of time allowing the wife to have some mental sanity time.

Step 2: have everything EXACTLY like she left it before she gets back....like it never happened.

Step 3: bribe her judiciously and tell her how amazingly lucky you are to have a wife who understands your degen ways.

Step four: discuss dates for the next year.

Wash, rinse, repeat

Great suggestions, except for using the word degen. ;)

Glad to hear that she is coming back around. Either way she put up with a lot this weekend so make sure to take her out for a nice night out, take a few days off from poker and spend some time with the kiddos. After that, go back to your old ways :D. Good luck!

Played my wednesday game. Glad I went, as I Chopped a 60 person tourney. (Obv brag). Buying the wife something nice for sure. :).

Had an interesting chop situation, and will post a separate thread on that...

Interesting.... I guess I just assumed you were on your third Accord.

Oh god no... On like my 15th Honda... Lol

Some of them include:

CM400
Magna 750
CRX
Civic
Accord
CRV
Odyssey
VTX-1300

Have a few more than 15 triathlons under my belt. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom