Semi-custom Atlantic club Design feedback please! (1 Viewer)

Nine_high

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hi y'all, discovered this place a few months back and am amazed! Never knew this many people put this much thought and effort into poker chips. I thought it was just me and I was weird.

So anyway I got tired of not finding poker chips I love and I decided to try my hand at full custom chips. I'd love your feedback on these...I am not really artistic I always struggle with this side of things.

30405874-d186-4f1f-b172-49ce8aa0c0de.png

Definitely going CPC for my cash set. I have samples of Atlantic and rounder plus the color and mold samples. These chips are incredible.

I love the Atlantic club but wanted to tweak the colors and add $ sign's. I figured if I'm paying full custom prices I might as well take a stab at the inlay so I modified that too. I love bourbon and own a couple barrels so I switched it to barrel club. I'm not 100% on that inlay concept I may revert back to Atlantics or rounders or go some other direction.

I think you guys sold me on the $20 vs. the $25. I went with a yellow here but have been toying with the oranges too.

I'm mainly going to play .25/.50 but could see the occasional 1/2 or even 2/5 someday. I doubt I'd ever need a $500 so I can live without it. I designed it anyway because why not?..maybe I'll build a barrel for the hell of it

let me know what you think!

In my opinion, you have to think about edge progression, it's a bit strange the series 2 - 4 - 3 - 6 - 4 - 8. I like some math behind that :unsure:
Is this your favorite mold? B-mold with Barrel, that's very nice :)

In my opinion, you have to think about edge progression, it's a bit strange the series 2 - 4 - 3 - 6 - 4 - 8. I like some math behind that :unsure:
Is this your favorite mold? B-mold with Barrel, that's very nice :)
Thanks for your feedback!

I honestly didn't feel too strongly about most of the molds. I like A, B, horses, and diamond/square. I did not like the swirly ones or the circle square. B seemed like a natural choice here . Horses could work with the theme too.

For the edge spots I started with the Atlantic but then added my own variations so there is some progressive narrowing rather than all 1/4. I took color into account so each different spot color counts as a spot...so in my mind it goes 2-4-6-6-8-8 with spots starting together and spreading out then increasing in number.

I have another version with all 1/4 spots that I also like. This just seemed a little more intricate I guess.

I also think the spot progression is fine as is. It's really up to what you like and what fits within your budget. Some people may prefer to have their more complex/favourite spot patterns in the lower denom chips, because the are the workhorses and are in play most often.

Thanks for the feedback!

The $5 is my favorite of the set. Which works well those should see a lot of action :)

I also like the progression. The split spots on the $100 makes it the only potential outlier but I am ok with it.

3d60e784-d50e-47c5-a408-05f579b072b8.png

Here's the all 1/4 version (with a tiger spot on the $20 as well). I like these with all 1/4 pretty equally or I go back and forth anyway on which version is better. I think only the $500 goes up in price so it's pretty negligible since I am making no more than 20 of them.

I like either spot progressions. Overall I really love the use of colors. I was going to say they all have a bit of pop in my eyes with the exception of the $5 (it’s still a lovely chip to me, I just mean compared to the pop of the other chips). Personally I would add a little contrast by changing the blue to a lighter or brighter blue or maybe changing the grey to plain white. But if you love it then run with it. Each chip is really nice and they work very well as a cohesive set. Bravo.

Edit: I would actually consider changing the Grey spot to Light Blue on the $5. I think that would look nice against the other Blurple spot.

5E9C3093-DC89-48EB-9160-FA8CE8EA000D.png

Last edited:
I like either spot progressions. Overall I really love the use of colors. I was going to say they all have a bit of pop in my eyes with the exception of the $5 (it’s still a lovely chip to me, I just mean compared to the pop of the other chips). Personally I would add a little contrast by changing the blue to a lighter or brighter blue or maybe changing the grey to plain white. But if you love it then run with it. Each chip is really nice and they work very well as a cohesive set. Bravo.

Gray is my fav color, followed by purple but they are weighing the 5 down, keeping it from pop'ing. If youre going to keep a red 5 try using the purple from your 500.

This isn't a Cali color set, but if you're going to go with the 20 instead of the 25, and you're going with a blue 1, consider making the 20 black and the 5 yellow or then you could make the 100 white, and bam its a Cali and solves your 5 dilemma all in one!

I do love that yellow chip setup though very nice, and red 5s are soooo over played!

The white 100 will need a different edge setup, post your new mock go go go!

If you make these changes, I bet you could offer NAGB!

P.S. if it's your fav chip, don't really consider getting rid of it or changing it ;)
I really enjoy that yellow though, and the 500 is 'spot on'

Gray is my fav color, followed by purple but they are weighing the 5 down, keeping it from pop'ing. If youre going to keep a red 5 try using the purple from your 500.

This isn't a Cali color set, but if you're going to go with the 20 instead of the 25, and you're going with a blue 1, consider making the 20 black and the 5 yellow or then you could make the 100 white, and bam its a Cali and solves your 5 dilemma all in one!

I do love that yellow chip setup though very nice, and red 5s are soooo over played!

The white 100 will need a different edge setup, post your new mock go go go!

If you make these changes, I bet you could offer NAGB!

P.S. if it's your fav chip, don't really consider getting rid of it or changing it ;)
I really enjoy that yellow though, and the 500 is 'spot on'
Funny you mention the lavender...I originally had the five designed as mandarin with gray and lavender. I changed to the current build based on the color samples. It is a little muted compared to the $20 and perhaps the $1 I agree but I still like it I think it's classy. I like the $20 to 'out-pop' the five when it makes it's entrance. I'm more inclined to make a less exciting $1 than change the $5...as a buckeye I think the scarlet and gray is here to stay!

I am not a fan of white chips it turns out so I am not going full Cali. I do like yellow/orange on the $20 in place of a green $25, then back to Vegas.

What is NAGB?

Ok looked up NAGB...

I mean yeah if anyone would want some of these, or some samples maybe, hit me up. I probably won't place the order for a couple months and I'll post the final design

I love that 25c on the Cali

I like both of these but I think my preference is the first. And I think the change on the $5 is lovely.

I like both of these but I think my preference is the first. And I think the change on the $5 is lovely.
Thanks! I agree the light blue looks nice with blurple. I'll haven't tried it in person yet but the mock up is nice.

And if I were to do Cali I'd change the $20 to get some purple involved. Maybe something like this?

f95490f5-9dba-486b-8904-2736c19f64fc.png

I’m always curious to hear what kind of stakes people play. Buy-in, how much hits the table on any given night etc. Just always wonder if a $500 chip is really necessary because if you lose that it could open up options on colors.

That 20 looks a lot better! so glad you got the green off there, it with the white was just not enjoyable imo

Also I liked the purple 500 and with rock'n a 20 instead of a 25 you can get away with it

I’m always curious to hear what kind of stakes people play. Buy-in, how much hits the table on any given night etc. Just always wonder if a $500 chip is really necessary because if you lose that it could open up options on colors.
Like I said in the beginning I doubt I'd ever need a $500. Lol even a $100 is questionable unless I'm hosting 1/2 and it gets out of control.

To need a $500 chip the typical buy ins gotta be at least that big probably twice that so we are talking 2/5 or bigger. There would have to be probably $15-$20k minimum in play before those came out. Maybe someday my game will get to that point but for now no thanks lol!

That said I designed it because I love poker chip sets and denominations and the way I see it it's part of the set. I don't really intend to use them but I want some anyway and it's worth $60 to me to make a barrel of them. I'd be willing to scrap it to make the rest of the set better, but frankly it's one of the better looking chips in this set. I like it anyway :)

Its been a few days and I still can't get that yellow 5 out of my brain, its Fantastic man!

So what's up with the theme? Atlantic club and Barrel club, what's the story?

Its been a few days and I still can't get that yellow 5 out of my brain, its Fantastic man!

So what's up with the theme? Atlantic club and Barrel club, what's the story?
Thanks! I like that one too.

It's more of an either or. I originally set out to just do custom color Atlantics but tried modifying the inlay to the barrel theme to see if I like that instead. It's pretty much the same inlay just a barrel instead of a lighthouse. I haven't decided for sure yet

Limit poker is the best. We play 2-4 limit mixed game. You can play more hands, you won't lose all your chips in 1 hand and you don't have to wait while someone is tanking on their action. Plus, it's pretty cool when everyone has alot of chips in front of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom