Selling to a murderer? (2 Viewers)

Would you sell to someone that’s wants to murder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Big business protecting its own interests. Typical.

Gotta love corporate mentality in one person businesses

1596126481365.png

I read the poll literally, and thought it was an ethics question so I said, “no,” only to realize what you’re actually talking about. LOL

I remain vocal in my opposition to the term, “murder,” as I prefer to call it “love.” This is a weird hobby. People don’t like it if you use your chips the way you want, which I find strange. Customizing is a form of love and caring, not “murder.” People need to get over it, IMO.

I read the poll literally, and thought it was an ethics question so I said, “no,” only to realize what you’re actually talking about. LOL
Haha, interesting. Got me thinking, if someone like Ted Bundy offered $500,000 to buy my sets, would I sell to him.

Definitely not!

I remain vocal in my opposition to the term, “murder,” as I prefer to call it “love.” This is a weird hobby. People don’t like it if you use your chips the way you want, which I find strange. Customizing is a form of love and caring, not “murder.” People need to get over it, IMO.

I agree that "murder" is the wrong term but for different reasons...

1. Murder is a legal term to define an unlawful killing (i.e. you can be a killer but not a murder).
2. They are inanimate objects so they can neither be killed nor murdered
3. They could be vandalized, if they are someone else's property
4. In the end, the most egregious name you could accurately call them is a defacer

Personally, I prefer to go with "customizer" or "pimper" because a lot of these chips are god awful ugly (i.e. that neighbor down the street with the run down house is not a "historian"). :) :tup:

It would depend on the chips, but generally, yes. I’d rather sell to a “murderer” who will customize chips and put them into play than a hoarder who will likely never use or sell them.

Last edited:
I would set my sales price at the rate in which I wouldn’t care what they do with the chips once payment is received.... and that is in almost all cases the fair market value.

It would depend on the chips, but generally, yes. I’d rather sell to a “murderer” who will customize chips and put them into play than a hoarder who will likely use or sell them.
Personally, I think anything to get the chips used and on felt is a good change....

Although I agree that anyone can do what they want with their chips, I do understand that murdering certain type of chips wouldn't be nice and would be frowned upon, so when I plan on buying some candidates, I learned to check this upfront. Then, if it turns out the candidates are on the "rather not" list, I'll either not buy them or buy them as trade bait (or to keep anyway if I love them enough as they are).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom