"Secret Menu Item" Group Buy Through 2/22/19 (2 Viewers)

Thanks to @Johnny5 and @ABC Gifts and Awards and this great deal, it looks like my first custom sets (2) will be ceramic. They go nicely with my @T_Chan table.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-retreat-at-roswell.21832/

You have my and Johnny5's permission to use this design if you are looking to take advantage of this great group deal.

This is the design that people seem to like the most in my mock up thread poll
View attachment 245357

Though i really am set on the no location
View attachment 245358

Would love this threads thoughts

You are correct, they are not

Everyone around the table will know they are sitting Boulder (I hope). Should you ever move, or decide to sell the set, the location text will be awkward or an impediment.

You know you :tup:

My 2 cents.

Thanks to @Johnny5 and @ABC Gifts and Awards and this great deal, it looks like my first custom sets (2) will be ceramic. They go nicely with my @T_Chan table.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-retreat-at-roswell.21832/

You have my and Johnny5's permission to use this design if you are looking to take advantage of this great group deal.

View attachment 245532View attachment 245533

Fantastically tied into your cardroom & table theme, looking forward to seeing the upgraded setup.

Latest draft from J5.

I'm still undecided on colors for the 500 and 5000:

25 Green
100 Black
500 Blue
1000 Yellow
5000 Purple

Or do the purple as 500 and blue as 5000. I ordered samples, so hopefully that will help me make up my mind.

Latest draft from J5.

I'm still undecided on colors for the 500 and 5000:

25 Green
100 Black
500 Blue
1000 Yellow
5000 Purple

Or do the purple as 500 and blue as 5000. I ordered samples, so hopefully that will help me make up my mind.

View attachment 246233
looks great!! I'd initially say I'd like the purple as 500 and the blue as 5000. In my opinion, the Blue is the best looking chip of all the color options. On the positive side: it's the highest value chip! On the minus side: it might not get into play much.) Have you thought about making the 100 blue if you'd like it to be a workhorse? ...might be an interesting twist.

looks great!! I'd initially say I'd like the purple as 500 and the blue as 5000. In my opinion, the Blue is the best looking chip of all the color options. On the positive side: it's the highest value chip! On the minus side: it might not get into play much.) Have you thought about making the 100 blue if you'd like it to be a workhorse? ...might be an interesting twist.

I agree, the blue is also my favorite. Will think about making it the $100. Still not sure I would like it next to the purple as 500 though. Also like the black as a higher denom which is my second favorite chip of the bunch.

I do like the blue as 5K, but just won't get a lot of use. I'm doing a 2 table T20K set. Will also use it for other tournaments, T8K and T10K where. In those games the 5K won't be needed much. So trying to keep the blue as a lower value.

Maybe:

25 Green
100 Blue
500 Yellow
1000 Black
5000 Purple

Or use the blue as the 1000

25 Green
100 Black
500 Yellow
1000 Blue
5000 Purple

Do you have images for the other colours?

Only the 25 so far. J5 is busy, so giving me time to make up my mind.

I agree, the blue is also my favorite. Will think about making it the $100. Still not sure I would like it next to the purple as 500 though. Also like the black as a higher denom which is my second favorite chip of the bunch.

I do like the blue as 5K, but just won't get a lot of use. I'm doing a 2 table T20K set. Will also use it for other tournaments, T8K and T10K where. In those games the 5K won't be needed much. So trying to keep the blue as a lower value.

Maybe:

25 Green
100 Blue
500 Yellow
1000 Black
5000 Purple

Or use the blue as the 1000

25 Green
100 Black
500 Yellow
1000 Blue
5000 Purple

Only the 25 so far. J5 is busy, so giving me time to make up my mind.
If you want black as a higher denom then I say ditch the green 25 and go full non-trad.

25 - brown/red
100 - blue
500 - yellow
1000 - black
5000 - green/purple

Very nice. Can you show us an example of the artwork you sent to ABC? I'm curious about exactly what it included (outer black circle, white ring, or just the inner black circle).
@Darson actually submitted the file. He can probably answer the technical questions. I believe the file below is what he submitted.

Last edited:
Very nice. Can you show us an example of the artwork you sent to ABC? I'm curious about exactly what it included (outer black circle, white ring, or just the inner black circle).
I sent an AI file. I just sent a solid white circle without the black ring, because my artwork has a white background. No outlined black ring. The part that can be customized - 1 inch diameter. I also converted the text to create outline - so it is a shape instead of a font.
Gene will send you a proof so you have an idea what it looks like with the designed denom inside the assigned color.
If I were to submit the springer’s design, I would just have the white boarder around the black background. I assume Gene would add the outer black ring.

FYI...I will be out a good portion of this week. A little bit for a good reason, the rest not. I will extend the ordering timeframe one extra week.

A good portion of the early orders have shipped already, and there's a good handful more that should be shipping out tomorrow.

Thanks for understanding,
Gene

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom