Second try at designing chips. Feedback appreciated (1 Viewer)

playerOne

Sitting Out
Reaction score
This is my second try at designing chips that I've been working on whenever I had time. I'll play around with colors more and I might add more details to patterns. Please note that the smallest details (eg. smallest dots) are barely visible if visible at all when zoomed out.

High Res Image.

Attachments

• chips.jpg
    chips.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 136
Quick minor addition I forgot to make before uploading.

Attachments

• poker-chip-design-v2.jpg
    poker-chip-design-v2.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 83
These are trippy.

I'd be worried the tiny details wouldn't print well onto chips and would come out looking blurry. (But I am by no means an expert on ceramic chips.)

They would work better if the black was a darker subset of the primary color.
That's what I had initially, but then a friend suggested trying black and another friend liked black as well. Here's with darker subsets, and here's two compared.
I'd be worried the tiny details wouldn't print well onto chips and would come out looking blurry. (But I am by no means an expert on ceramic chips.)
Initially, I had a bit different design with the smallest details like the dots as bigger patterns around the chip. I ended up moving things around and thought of removing the small details because I'm sure those wouldn't print anyway but decided to keep them because they add an element of detail on a bigger scale. On a smaller scale, I'll be happy if the green dots and black colors in-between are printed to create a small space between each green dot. If the test prints will come back without black space in-between, I'll remove a couple of dots to add more space.
Do you use microdot or the brown paper squares?
Sorry, not entirely sure what do you mean, but I assume you're also talking about the small details :)

That's what I had initially, but then a friend suggested trying black and another friend liked black as well. Here's with darker subsets, and here's two compared.

Initially, I had a bit different design with the smallest details like the dots as bigger patterns around the chip. I ended up moving things around and thought of removing the small details because I'm sure those wouldn't print anyway but decided to keep them because they add an element of detail on a bigger scale. On a smaller scale, I'll be happy if the green dots and black colors in-between are printed to create a small space between each green dot. If the test prints will come back without black space in-between, I'll remove a couple of dots to add more space.

Sorry, not entirely sure what do you mean, but I assume you're also talking about the small details :)
The reason you're on PCF and your friends are not is because you know what to look for in chips. Trust your instincts - the colors are infinitely better, and it's not even close.

Again, think of the reason why chips are different colors to begin with - so you can easily identify them from a distance. You are just begging for dirty stacks and a painfully slow game of people throwing in the wrong chips, not being able to read stacks across the table, not being able to see what's in the pot - how much is it? What did you bet? I didn't mean to raise, just to call!

Do yourself a favor and ditch the black.

Again, think of the reason why chips are different colors to begin with - so you can easily identify them from a distance. You are just begging for dirty stacks and a painfully slow game of people throwing in the wrong chips, not being able to read stacks across the table, not being able to see what's in the pot - how much is it? What did you bet? I didn't mean to raise, just to call!
Can't argue with this. I can see how similar background color on all chips can ruin the experience. Thank you for pointing this out.

Much brighter, and a significant improvement!

I think the turquoise chip (top middle) has the potential to be mixed up with the blue and green chips, though, as it is an "in between" shade. I would consider something else there. Not orange. Perhaps grey or brown?

Didn't want to spam with new posts for each design so I decided to post as a reply here. This is the last one I've been working on. Thought I wouldn't have time to finish it any time soon, but my plans for the weekend got cancelled so I thought - why waste time. Not sure how the small details would print though...

Attachments

• micro-chip.jpg
    micro-chip.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom