Second time around... (1 Viewer)

chipquest

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello Chip Junkies, Just signed on to PCF for the first time. Now that my kids are old enought to play, I busted out the better chips to make the most of this corona lock down. Looking to buy, sell and trade again. Empress, original ASM, collectable singles. Great to be here, how do I get a drink in this place?

Welcome back! Empress is a cool set. What ASMs do you have?
My first chips ever are ASM roman mold blanks from 2001 or so. Like the professors game in Rounders. And later a smaller set of 312 blanks, but those were probably made in vegas days, also roman. Too bad that mold is gone, but glad to have them.

I see a lot of chippers here from the old ct days. So many good people who helped me load up on Empress back in the day.

Hello Chip Junkies, Just signed on to PCF for the first time. Now that my kids are old enought to play, I busted out the better chips to make the most of this corona lock down. Looking to buy, sell and trade again. Empress, original ASM, collectable singles. Great to be here, how do I get a drink in this place?

Welcome!

You get a drink by wiring tons of cash to the mods and pray none of them drops a chip in your martini :p

Welcome back!! Glad to have you here!

Now tell me about this Empress set.... ;)

In the Empress sets I was obsessed. I had the ASM romans for a few years, and still love them today, but the first time I saw the Empress pic by @gopherblue on ct I was hooked. So happy to see that pic again here on PCF. So minty.

I made buys from all over the US, Canada and even Germany. Traded long canes for short in the $100's, found my $1's and then made the final push with the 500 and mint 1K. Cleaned and oiled and loved.

Still need just a few more mint 1K. Cash set has the darker red $5, Tourny set has the brighter red $5, so gald to have racks of both.

Attachments

• Empress_1_IMG-1959.JPG
    Empress_1_IMG-1959.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Empress_2_IMG-1954.jpg
    Empress_2_IMG-1954.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 114
  • ASM_IMG-1943.jpg
    ASM_IMG-1943.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 102
Wow! Beautiful sets :) Thanks for sharing the pics!
Teach - I see you were able to get a few more 1K. Congrats. Let me know if you can spare five or how I could find them.
I am also looking to swap some of my dark red for light red. About 28 dark for 28 light red to even out my racks.

Teach - I see you were able to get a few more 1K. Congrats. Let me know if you can spare five or how I could find them.
I am also looking to swap some of my dark red for light red. About 28 dark for 28 light red to even out my racks.
LOL, I'm still hunting for another 5 at the minimum, or 25 ideally for my set. Getting closer, but it has been a grind!

As for the dark or light red... I'll check to see what I have. If I have the ones you're looking for, I'm happy to swap those. Don't bother me at all. Just realized you need secondary, and I have primary :(

Hello and welcome to the forum and I agree with the others who have said the Empress chips are great. I have a nice set that I love!!

In the Empress sets I was obsessed. I had the ASM romans for a few years, and still love them today, but the first time I saw the Empress pic by @gopherblue on ct I was hooked. So happy to see that pic again here on PCF. So minty.

I made buys from all over the US, Canada and even Germany. Traded long canes for short in the $100's, found my $1's and then made the final push with the 500 and mint 1K. Cleaned and oiled and loved.

Still need just a few more mint 1K. Cash set has the darker red $5, Tourny set has the brighter red $5, so gald to have racks of both.
Welcome back. Impressive set

LOL, I'm still hunting for another 5 at the minimum, or 25 ideally for my set. Getting closer, but it has been a grind!

As for the dark or light red... I'll check to see what I have. If I have the ones you're looking for, I'm happy to swap those. Don't bother me at all. Just realized you need secondary, and I have primary :(
Thanks Teach - If you hit the mother load of 1K, let me know.

About the $5 Empress secondary...
I call it dark red and light red. You might need clean side-by-side examples to see the difference. My OCD kicked in right away.
If anyone has (28) light red, I have 28 dark red to swap. I'll pay shipping both ways. Condition is what you would expect from a used $5.

Thanks for all the welcomes. Looking forward to shooting the breeze on PCF.

Attachments

• DSC01221.JPG
    DSC01221.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 66
About the $5 Empress secondary...
I call it dark red and light red. You might need clean side-by-side examples to see the difference. My OCD kicked in right away.
If anyone has (28) light red, I have 28 dark red to swap. I'll pay shipping both ways. Condition is what you would expect from a used $5.

Thanks for all the welcomes. Looking forward to shooting the breeze on PCF.
I had a swap thread open at one point where I was looking to trade LCV for SCV for a bunch of Empress denominations. Was able to work out about 3-4 trades! So I'd throw something up in Classified once you have that opened up again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom