Scotch-brite for smoothening edges? (1 Viewer)

IamMattDamon

High Hand
Reaction score
Saw this Youtube video a while ago of guy that had bought some Desert Heat chips from Claysmith gaming (clay composit chips), but could not locate the video anymore.
He said that these chips could have some rough edges and feel sharp, so he used some "scotch brite pads" (or something like that) to smoothen the chips out.

I've been at many hardware stores locally and could not find anything that resembles what he was using.
Made a quick search on Amazon and found this:

https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Brite-Non-Scratch-Scrub-Sponge-12-Sponges/dp/B0044D5EI2/ref=sr_1_48?crid=3SOTJ7TC701FF&keywords=scotch-brite+non-scratch+plastic+scrubbing+pads,+3+count&qid=1565997991&s=gateway&sprefix=scotch+brite+pads+for+plastic,aps,293&sr=8-48

Do you guys think I can use it for the purpose of smoothing out the sharper edges on the chip, or do you have other tips or products I can use? Any input would be amazing.

Have a nice weekend!

I am not looking to smoothen them so that they feel used, but rather smoothen out plastic "spilling" if I can call it that.
These are cheaper chips, so from the manifacturer some of the chips will have some spillings of plastic residue from the chip itself and the edgespots.
I just need something to smoothen out these imperfections, not to make em feel used

Sounds dumb, but very fine wet sandpaper?

I’d start with 400-grit and move coarser from there.

Either version -- your link or Shaggy's -- will work to smooth the rough edges often found on cheap plastic chips.

Every grocery store I know of (plus Walmart) sells 'em cheaper than Amazon.

A fine-grit emery board (used on fingernails) will also work.

Sure thing! I won't get the delivery in another 7-10 days though, so I'll try to remember it :) I'll add some photos of my home game setup as it's starting to look really nice here
I was under the impression that sharp edges were deemed valuable by most...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom