Scandia $1. Relabel as pca or keep for mixed set? (1 Viewer)

Relabel as PCA $1 or keep for mixed set?

• Total voters

Perthmike

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Hi all

I just got my scandia $1s in the mail and have already ordered laminated $1 pca labels from @Gear

Now that I see how minty fresh and nice they are, I’m having doubts about pulling a @bentax1978 on these poor chips.

I figured a poll is in order.
8D7480FF-E629-4BAA-8833-E8E5D4CE63A9.jpeg

F0D4422E-7716-4C41-993B-377440BF2E34.jpeg

CFF6EE3F-35E3-4B5C-A962-BABD101CF7D0.jpeg

Last edited:
What’s wrong with the original minty PCA $1s? They’re beautiful chips!

These Scandias are amazing, but like you I would hesitate to permanently alter them.
Typically I prefer a blue dollar, because they don’t get so dirty, but mostly it irritates me that the $1 is a rhc and not thc.

I don’t mind rhc at all, I just prefer a set to be the same mold.

Mixed set does sound good. I actually think the inlay goes ok with the pcas as is.

It’s actually more tilting to me to see a blue $1 in an otherwise full PCA set than it is to have the original mint PCA Secondary $1 that is readily available, even though it is RHC. So my vote is for option 3, original PCA $1.

;-)

My vote is that you do a full inlay replacement of the Scandia chips, completely regret your decision, and then trade those three racks for my three racks of mint PCA $1 secondaries. Sound like a plan?
It would but I’m afraid you already have too many epic sets that I’m totally jealous of :cool:

It’s actually more tilting to me to see a blue $1 in an otherwise full PCA set than it is to have the original mint PCA Secondary $1 that is readily available, even though it is RHC. So my vote is for option 3, original PCA $1.

;-)
Changed it for you.
CC81BEC3-94A1-4CC0-BFD8-5599181E59EB.jpeg

Who’s to say I can’t keep the pca $1s and make an rhc mixed set as well :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

While the Scandia's are a great substitute, the non-textured feel of a re-label would tweak me more than the RHC of the original secondary PCA $1s. Voted to keep the PCA $1s - and then use the Scandia $1s for a different mixed set :D

While the Scandia's are a great substitute, the non-textured feel of a re-label would tweak me more than the RHC of the original secondary PCA $1s.
And for this exact reason, OP should instead do a full inlay replacement on the Scandia chips using textured laminated labels.

It's fun spending other people's money. :)

And for this exact reason, OP should instead do a full inlay replacement on the Scandia chips using textured laminated labels.

That’s still my plan as of right now. Let’s see after I remove a couple of inlays.

100%

Either full inlays replacements with textured labels or don't bother (in this particular case).

my vote, play with them as is for a few games to make sure you like the chip in the set first. If you do, proceed with the full inlay replacement.

If not, you have a great chip to start a mixed set with.

Yeah I'm all for relabeling chips, but for some reason that Scandia $1 just doesn't look quite right with the PCAs...design a mix set to showcase that beatiful $1 chip...then relabel :)

Yeah I'm all for relabeling chips, but for some reason that Scandia $1 just doesn't look quite right with the PCAs...
Agreed. The Aztar $1 secondary is the best available choice imo -- inlay replacement or as-is.

If this PCA set is something you're taking to your grave then relabel away.

If it's something you're only planning on holding temporarily until something else takes your fancy, then maximise your resale value (if that's important) and keep it stock.

But, as others have said, I don't think the Scandia 1s fit very well - another chip would be better - lighter blue?

Yeah I'm all for relabeling chips, but for some reason that Scandia $1 just doesn't look quite right with the PCAs...design a mix set to showcase that beatiful $1 chip...then relabel :)
Well I am tempted to see if I can’t find some THC chips for a Motswari relabel. Seems like I have my $1 already.
48864D4C-D943-44B1-9BEA-84B9FE256CE0.jpeg

A7A0B2C7-486D-4233-8D85-391A56597AA2.jpeg
z

Full inlay replace for the PCA $1. The PCA $1 is the RHC bastard child of an otherwise grail set, similar to (but not quite as bad as) the Aztar MO $5.

In the grand scheme of things the Aztar $5 is 100x worse (imo), but overall you’re correct. Each respective chip hurts an otherwise grail-level set.

You’re joking right? While the PCA $1 isn’t ideal it is leagues and leagues above the train wreck that is the Aztar $5!!!!
In the grand scheme of things the Aztar $5 is 100x worse (imo), but overall you’re correct. Each respective chip hurts an otherwise grail-level set.
Ok, so I might be sliiiiightly over exaggerating and trolling, but I still think it’s a huge blemish on the set. The Aztar $5 might be the worst travesty of chip design ever committed.

Wonder if they would have received the same treatment if any had been in mint condition.

But as worn bicycle tires on top of everything else, they sure were easy targets. Best used for target practice, too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom