Santa Ysabel Frac Orientation (1 Viewer)

Which Orientation for my SY Frac

• A (yellow bottom)

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • B (yellow top)

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • C (gold bottom)

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • D (gold top)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E (grey top)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F (grey bottom)

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • DO NOT ALIGN THEM!!!

Votes: 39 59.1%

• Total voters

BearMetal

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Let's get this out of the way:
  • Yes, I'm anal. Yes I care about orientation. No, I don't care that you don't care or that you think I'm anal.
  • You're here on PCF, so you're just as sick and obsessive as me.
With that said, I can't decide which looks best for my SY frac relabel. So, I figured I'd throw up a poll and see if the masses have a preference...

A
B
C
D
E
F
yellow-bottom.jpg
yellow-top.jpg
gold-bottom.jpg
gold-top.jpg
grey-top.jpg
grep-bottom.jpg

I know this is the exact response you didn't want to hear, but I'm doing it anyway. The other Santa Ysabel chips do not have uniform alignment, so in terms of being anal, wouldn't you be more inclined to have random alignment? If the answer is no anyway, then I would vote B followed by A.

I know this is the exact response you didn't want to hear, but I'm doing it anyway. The other Santa Ysabel chips do not have uniform alignment, so in terms of being anal, wouldn't you be more inclined to have random alignment? If the answer is no anyway, then I would vote B followed by A.
Ugh, I know; they're all over the place, so maybe it doesn't matter. But I just feel stupid with the opportunity to make them the same if I didn't put some effort into the alignment.

I prefer random honesty, and it doesn't bother me that you're anal!

But I went with B if I had to pick
You could have picked "DO NOT ALIGN THEM" ... and I'm glad it doesn't bother you. There are so many more quirks that I have that people could dislike me over.

When I converted my SY$2 into SY$5s I didn’t care I think the first 2 or 3 chips but eventually aligned them.. was it perfectly aligned? Maybe most of them but no one notices and I’m sure you know that. So end of the day it really doesn’t matter

I love the pink fracs for my set (well the idea of a link frac) and want to incorporate this $25 but I’m thinking maybe as a $10? Not sure but I’m digging the combo.

Attachments

• A76B11D8-4D2E-46BE-9DF5-5136616C4BB6.jpeg
    A76B11D8-4D2E-46BE-9DF5-5136616C4BB6.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 101
I love the pink fracs for my set (well the idea of a link frac) and want to incorporate this $25 but I’m thinking maybe as a $10? Not sure but I’m digging the combo.
You know what people here would say. You can't mix a $10 and a $25... To hell with that. I think a $10 chip is just hot. Yeah, I was really surprised at how well these Cincinnati chips fit in with the Santa Ysabel colors.

Full tilt: use the yellow spot as an hour hand, and label an equal amount of chips at each hour. This will appease your OCD and still give you the random effect.

You know what people here would say. You can't mix a $10 and a $25... To hell with that. I think a $10 chip is just hot. Yeah, I was really surprised at how well these Cincinnati chips fit in with the Santa Ysabel colors.
I know, cant wait to get my green $25 chip and see how it looks together as a set. My games don’t go that high in stakes so can’t see it be a $50 chip or anything more.. a frac like you’re doing looks nice but hoping for a pink frac. so I may just wait to see what I will do. My black Jack $100 is a $20 btw so I know if I convert the green into a $10 people will tilt (on here at least) Lol. I seen WW giraffe chips have a $10 didn’t see anyone tilt. Lol

It's not going to bother you that the inlay is consistently aligned with the spots, but the inlay and spots aren't consistently aligned with the hats?

Also - since the rest of the set is randomly aligned, these should likewise be randomly aligned.

But even if these were stand-alone and you were making a decision with an empty slate - the fact that the trimoons are three different colors strongly argues to me that no single alignment is correct, and accordingly random alignment should rule the day.

If they were identical so that the chip was symmetric, then I could see a case for using consistent alignment, with either one moon pointing straight up or one moon pointing straight down (either would be fine, as long as it was consistent across all chips). You'd want to have the inlays on the two sides medal-aligned rather than coin-aligned in that case, of course.

I agree with you, @CrazyEddie. I think that between the fact that the rest of the set is not aligned and the tri moons are different colors, I think I'm now leaning toward making it random.

I think I'm now leaning toward making it random.

Oh no you don't.

We're gonna run at least 4 more surveys, at least one of which will be in Collector's Corner. That'll be 3 weeks of absolute CHAOS. Then we're going to form a research group to draft a preliminary report, which will vetted by the executive council and then their impressions will be conveyed to the PCF Committee(after an indefinite amount of time). That committee, after 6 months of digesting and debating the data will advise you on the approved label alignment.

I AM WITH THE GOVERNMENT. I'M HERE TO HELP.

Last edited:
As the rest of the set is not aligned, I'd agree with others here to do the same on the fracs. I think would would ease my OCD more, knowing that the fracs 'match' all the other chips in the set. Otherwise I'd look at my lovely aligned fracs and get annoyed when all the other chips are not aligned :LOL: :laugh:

I'm just about to start labelling my custom THC set and plan to align them all with edge spots. The worrying part is, I'm also planning to align the labels on my solid Flamingo T5 chip.....how you ask? I will align the label with one of the top hats in the 12 o'clock position. Yep - the sickness is real around here :wtf:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom