Santa Ysabel $1 overlabeled as HSI fracs (1 Viewer)

Jeevansluck

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Awhile back, I posted a wanted ad for my new friend and fellow chipper, @Pippa . He was wanting some Blue for his HSI fracs. I recommended the SY $1 path to custom frac glory, and Paolo agreed. Was a great and reasonably affordable option.

I recently received a rack of Santa Ysabel $1s, on @Pippa's behalf. They are in amazing condition, but needed some cleaning. I always figure a wash and dry is necessary for good labeling results.

**Special thanks to @pacmartine for being awesome and reaching out to let me have them**

pr0n of my journey...
IMG-20210125-WA0019.jpeg

Drying time...
20210125_185731.jpg

Hard to tell, but in person, the difference is more apparent, but these chips really brightened up..(left side barrel is cleaned and right side is not)
20210125_173258.jpg

On to the conversion...and I feel the results are astounding!!! Gotta LOVE @Gear labels! Simply stunning!
IMG-20210126-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20210126-WA0006.jpeg
IMG-20210126-WA0004.jpeg

Last edited:
Awhile back, I posted a wanted ad for my new friend and fellow chipper, @Pippa . He was wanting some Blue for his HSI fracs. I recommended the SY $1 path to custom frac glory, and Paolo agreed. Was a great and reasonably affordable option.

I recently received a rack of Santa Ysabel $1s, on @Pippa's behalf. They are in amazing condition, but needed some cleaning. I always figure a wash and dry is necessary for good labeling results.

**Special thanks to @pacmartine for being awesome and reaching out to let me have them**

pr0n of my journey...
View attachment 623259
Drying time...
View attachment 623258

Hard to tell, but in person, the difference is more apparent, but these chips really brightened up..(left side barrel is cleaned and right side is not)
View attachment 623257

On to the conversion...and I feel the results are astounding!!! Gotta LOVE @Gear labels! Simply stunning!
View attachment 623273
View attachment 623274View attachment 623275
They look amazing!!!

Very nice!

Those would look great with the secondary set!
Interesting point. I've got a secondary set too. I'll have to do a lineup. Didnt even occur to me. I'm still loving my pink LL fracs for my set, but I need to see this blue now. You are right @shorticus

I'm yet to deliver these to @Pippa

Maybe they will get......lost. :sneaky:

I've got questions!

The over label appears to be smooth as silk - no indication that the original inlay was smaller than the label - is this the case for the "feel" as well?

And just to save me the searching of TCR and navels' threads, what were the sale prices of these? - that is, Santa Ysabel $1s and HSI fracs.

Hello Phil
Do you have more SY 1$????
Just straight up asking me in an open forum!! Lol!!

Pippa - I have one rack left but at this point you would have second dibs. I offered it to a want ad and got a backup request behind that. If both don’t happen they are yours!

I've got questions!

The over label appears to be smooth as silk - no indication that the original inlay was smaller than the label - is this the case for the "feel" as well?

And just to save me the searching of TCR and navels' threads, what were the sale prices of these? - that is, Santa Ysabel $1s and HSI fracs.
This is an overlabel. Non-laminated. Not sure of size. @Gear products as usual.

The feel is pretty good. They went on easy and while the results are very good, there is still the feel they are overlabeled. Not going to lie. This was not my project, so I'll leave any future "murder" ideas to the owner. Will be glad to help him if he gets there.

Having been through the experience of murdering chips I first tried to overlabel, I'd go for full murder. Still though, these turned out amazing and definitely the best overlabel results so far for me. (I did 260 NYNY $1s with an overlabel, only to do full murder not even a week later. The difference of feel from murdered to overlabel is too great to overcome. No matter how thin a label might be. Just my opinion though. It's limited to just 2 years of chipping, but I've been busy.

I recently did $500S with overlabel as HSI fracs, and the results are good, but not as good as this..
16099647035274712290853627294482.jpg

Not sure about prices. Acquiring chips via wanted ads can be precarious, at best. HSI OG fracs prices are out of the stratosphere for RHC, in my opinion. Better to go custom.

This is an overlabel. Non-laminated. Not sure of size. @Gear products as usual.

The feel is pretty good. They went on easy and while the results are very good, there is still the feel they are overlabeled. Not going to lie. This was not my project, so I'll leave any future "murder" ideas to the owner. Will be glad to help him if he gets there.

Having been through the experience of murdering chips I first tried to overlabel, I'd go for full murder. Still though, these turned out amazing and definitely the best overlabel results so far for me. (I did 260 NYNY $1s with an overlabel, only to do full murder not even a week later. The difference of feel from murdered to overlabel is too great to overcome. No matter how thin a label might be. Just my opinion though. It's limited to just 2 years of chipping, but I've been busy.

I recently did $500S with overlabel as HSI fracs, and the results are good, but not as good as this..
View attachment 623386

Not sure about prices. Acquiring chips via wanted ads can be precarious, at best. HSI OG fracs prices are out of the stratosphere for RHC, in my opinion. Better to go custom.
Thanks for the info. although I was really hoping you'd say "These are perfect. There is never a need to mill RHC!" :D

I’m curious to see the Ysabels as fracs. Worried that they might have dirty stack issues with the $25’s.

I’m curious to see the Ysabels as fracs. Worried that they might have dirty stack issues with the $25’s.
That's a fair point. I never considered all these important things. Definitely a potential oversight on my part.

I'll be excited to get home tonight and play around.

if anyone has these with secondary HSI’s please post pron!
Here it is bro...

SY relabels with a part of my secondary set. .

16118046296413957703423154068390.jpg

As well, with respect to $25S mixing dirty with the SY, I'd say no for the secondary. I don't have any $25P in quantity to try. I feel the Blaze Orange spots hold their own, as they usually do.
16118047210807617091839838604853.jpg

Here it is bro...

SY relabels with a part of my secondary set. .

View attachment 623788

As well, with respect to $25S mixing dirty with the SY, I'd say no for the secondary. I don't have any $25P in quantity to try. I feel the Blaze Orange spots hold their own, as they usually do.View attachment 623789
Love the elegant look of that setup. The $25’s and the fracs are just a little too close for my taste. Clearly no dirty stacks, but just so close in color.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom