Santa good to you in 2020? (1 Viewer)

David O

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting to see how good Santa was to you this year. 2020 was a different year for most but how was your Christmas?

I will start off be saying I had a nice Christmas with my family. I had both grandchildren over and my three kids. Girlfriend was here as well. I made a prime rib roast with all the trimmings. A great Christmas was had by all.
One of my favorite gifts was a new pair of Caiman Boots.
I hope everyone had a good Christmas and getting ready to ring in 2021.
35E9A2BB-2EB0-4C96-A635-CD1913063AFF.jpeg

I thought it would be interesting to see how good Santa was to you this year. 2020 was a different year for most but how was your Christmas?

I will start off be saying I had a nice Christmas with my family. I had both grandchildren over and my three kids. Girlfriend was here as well. I made a prime rib roast with all the trimmings. A great Christmas was had by all.
One of my favorite gifts was a new pair of Caiman Boots.
I hope everyone had a good Christmas and getting ready to ring in 2021.
View attachment 603221
Great minds think alike!! We did Prime rib as well :) Me, my wife and a couple of family members. Pretty much the same as usual since most of our family is in CO. We had a FANTASTIC time!!

Santa brought me the ingredients for great future gatherings. He disguised it as stone for my patio and firepit. Now I just need to convince his elves to lay the stone while I watch...LOL!!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL New Year!!

20201211_131203.jpg

Great Christmas! Happy and healthy family is primarily most important. Gumbo is our Christmas tradition and it was okay this year. I could have done better. Hopefully everyone’s Christmas was spent with family and filled with joy and happiness.

Best gift for me this year:
2B122DC6-1410-483B-A8E3-B1FE6C4DA5D1.jpeg

Looking forward to a great 2021!

This was my wife's first Wigilia (normally, the older generation hosts), and she killed it. We did go to her mom's house (garage) on Christmas Eve for a couple hours and my mom's house for an hour on Christmas Day, but for the most part, the entire family was home all day. It was awesome.

Only one poker-related item from Santa (my BIL/SIL), a new money clip just for my poker bankroll. Binder clips have been retired!

Polish_20201228_124719225.jpg

Did my usual get together with my Dad's side of the family on Christmas Eve. My 8 month old has a lot of fun crawling around and trying to climb a shallow two steps from the living room to the kitchen. 5yo got all the things he wanted (thank God nothing very expensive).

Did Christmas morning with my dad. We supplied Maple Street Biscuit as the breakfast. Then afternoon and dinner with the in-laws. Bit of a stress filled night as the 5yo wouldn't stop talking about his stuff and not going to bed while the baby was trying to fall asleep in the car. Screaming happened, nobody was thrilled, and much apologizing between my 5yo and me.

Bought my wife a Delonghi combo espresso/coffee maker that she loves. I got a new TV that can actual do 4k at 60hz for all my gaming. Nothing outlandish, just a solid non-OLED my wife got as an open box. Just waiting on PS5s to come back in stock now. Nothing poker related.

I won't upload on a public forum my bank account statements, but I 'm happy to have sold my ultimate mid-life toy, a Porsche 911 Carrera GTS, and to have become modestly destitute (instead of completely) again.:D
Before 40, you 're the punk in the Porsche.
After 50, you 're the f*ckin old man in the Porsche.
Glad I enjoyed her in my right decade (my 40s).:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Many culturally Protestant members would commit suicide out of compassion, if they knew what percentage of my property that car was :D
But I 've always thought that "death suits have no pockets" as the Greek saying goes.
Let's see if I can survive retirement, though.

Interestingly, on the Greek island of Kea, in ancient times, you could not retire. When you were not fit for work anymore, a symposium (literally: fellow-drinking), that is a party, was organised in your honour, at the end of which you were supposed to commit suicide in a painless manner (drinking some nicely flavoured poison).:rolleyes:

Great minds think alike!! We did Prime rib as well :) Me, my wife and a couple of family members. Pretty much the same as usual since most of our family is in CO. We had a FANTASTIC time!!

Santa brought me the ingredients for great future gatherings. He disguised it as stone for my patio and firepit. Now I just need to convince his elves to lay the stone while I watch...LOL!!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL New Year!!

View attachment 603227
My dad was a stone mason, he laid down the prettiest patios ever. He passed away in 2007 and unfortunately I'm retired (from the heavy lifting business)! Great choice of material!

PZ and I stopped mandatory gift giving years ago. But I got a lovely gift of him having the holiday off (2nd time in about 2 decades) *and* he had a kelly day. The overlap meant 3 full days together (versus one weekend in 3 together).

We did a zoom meeting with my family, which was fun. PZ did get a gift from his boss and we enjoyed testing out the new cubes and glasses. ;)
2020-12-25 18.26.58.jpg

I'm glad to hear you had a good holiday, David!

PZ and I stopped mandatory gift giving years ago. But I got a lovely gift of him having the holiday off (2nd time in about 2 decades) *and* he had a kelly day. The overlap meant 3 full days together (versus one weekend in 3 together).

We did a zoom meeting with my family, which was fun. PZ did get a gift from his boss and we enjoyed testing out the new cubes and glasses. ;)
View attachment 603395

I'm glad to hear you had a good holiday, David!
Nice! Love the cubes. Mt son's girlfriend got me a set of round ice molds. I tried one out with a nice Glenlivet 14 year old!

Santa brought me a new briefcase from Saddleback Leather. I start breaking her in tomorrow.

View attachment 603406
Nice Bag. I love mine! I had one for years and was pretty weathered until I got a new one this year. Nice Leather bags last forever and worth the investment.
E136AE56-98C2-457C-9796-709D075CA9F2.jpeg

Santa brought me a new briefcase from Saddleback Leather. I start breaking her in tomorrow.

View attachment 603406
Saddleback leather is awesome stuff. I love everything they make.

my wife made me this incredible sequence board including correctly sized area for the starburst chips I will use while playing!

C0438602-C913-4516-9C93-D2529A72AE09.jpeg

Don't know how I missed this thread! I recieved some cute new shirts, a soft fleece blanket, new socks, and a plaque sample set (thanks @cgpilot!)
Ben recieved a hot stamp tourney CPC set, and a few gifts I had given pre Christmas (PH fracs, fat hat margaritaville chip)
We spent Christmas day at his dad's house with family, and my puppy recieved an excellent assortment of gifts there as well. On Sunday we celebrated with my side of the family, both days were great!

Ps- I LOVE the boots!!

Another prime rib family here: 8 pounds, sous vide at 130 for eight hours, covered with a spice paste and into the oven at 500 for fifteen minutes -- perfect!

I gave my wife a very romantic :confused new computer (i7, 16GB, 2TB+500GB ssd) and curved 34" monitor for her video making. She gave me a still life oil painting, done by my artist sister, which I had long loved, but assumed had been sold a decade ago. Now to have it framed...

20201227_092946.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so confused...
Yes it sounds a bit confusing but I had a bag for many years and the leather was so worn it was almost like carrying a cloth bag. When someone gifted ne the new bag it was hard to not use it. I passed on the old bag to a friend who was looking to change out his bag. In retrospect, I should have hung on to the old bag, but I hate having things that are still useful just sitting there. I am starting to get the same feeling about some of my chips since they have not been used much this past year!

Yes it sounds a bit confusing but I had a bag for many years and the leather was so worn it was almost like carrying a cloth bag. When someone gifted ne the new bag it was hard to not use it. I passed on the old bag to a friend who was looking to change out his bag. In retrospect, I should have hung on to the old bag, but I hate having things that are still useful just sitting there. I am starting to get the same feeling about some of my chips since they have not been used much this past year!
Bag = Satchel = man purse.... lmao the bag is a beauty David!! I would be wondering... how the hell am I supposed to carry poker chips in this fancy thing!!

Santa didn't bring me jack!! But that is typical! Ms. Brie and @kaimat worked a deal to bring @Cliff hand stamped customs back home to Maryland!
20201220_222714.jpg

20201220_222143.jpg

Have always loved Cliff's "Bacement" chips! Honestly a perfect little 8 player T20k set... couldn't be happier. Also before they were listedI never even knew these were made! Apparently circa 2005 from the CT days. Even a minty 15 year vintage on them already!!

Brie also bought a bunch of singles that she couldn't wait till Christmas to give me, and a beautiful roll of Copenhagen Mint long cut!! What more could a guy ask for!

... oh yeah a sweet ass satchel! Maybe next year!! Lol

On boots I have always been a Justin's guy until Brie bought me my first pair of Ariats and that was 2 years ago... still going strong!

Santa didn't bring me jack!! But that is typical! Ms. Brie and @kaimat worked a deal to bring @Cliff hand stamped customs back home to Maryland!
View attachment 603833
View attachment 603834
Have always loved Cliff's "Bacement" chips! Honestly a perfect little 8 player T20k set... couldn't be happier. Also before they were listedI never even knew these were made! Apparently circa 2005 from the CT days. Even a minty 15 year vintage on them already!!

Brie also bought a bunch of singles that she couldn't wait till Christmas to give me, and a beautiful roll of Copenhagen Mint long cut!! What more could a guy ask for!

... oh yeah a sweet ass satchel! Maybe next year!! Lol

On boots I have always been a Justin's guy until Brie bought me my first pair of Ariats and that was 2 years ago... still going strong!

Nice stamp. I don't think I've seen these before. Any concerns with dirty stack issues?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom