Samurai Palace (1 Viewer)

NoNamePokerGuy

Two Pair
Reaction score
Years ago After ordering a sampler set, I fell in love with samurai palace chips, but couldn't justify their price. Today, they simply can't be found it seems no matter how much you are willing to spend. I even went so far to try to buy the molds off the owner at one point but he was uninterested. So obviously, i've regaled my self to accepting I won't have a set of these. What are some modern timeless sets I should be looking at instead?

I believe there were 2-3 cash sets of these sold here on PCF within the last year, for around $2-2.50 a chip. For how little quantity there is in the wild, they sure seem to move just fine around these parts.

There's even racks that go up for sale on their own that you can build a set over time with. https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/bcc-t-mold-samurai-quarters.65812/

Years ago After ordering a sampler set, I fell in love with samurai palace chips, but couldn't justify their price. Today, they simply can't be found it seems no matter how much you are willing to spend. I even went so far to try to buy the molds off the owner at one point but he was uninterested. So obviously, i've regaled my self to accepting I won't have a set of these. What are some modern timeless sets I should be looking at instead?

I picked up a set 6 months ago. I would be willing to sell it at 4.25 times their actual value ;)

20200812_133906.jpg
20200812_133835.jpg

Very nice. I've always been interested in finding a complete set, especially with the higher denominations. Wish these were still made.

Did the owner ever allude to any possibility of a future production? I'm not familiar with all of the vendors, but correct me if I'm wrong...these were made by BCC and the owner passed away several years ago, right? Wondering if the owner's family ever considered future plans. I'm assuming there isn't enough demand or other business expense factors. Pardon my ignorance.

Very nice. I've always been interested in finding a complete set, especially with the higher denominations. Wish these were still made.

Did the owner ever allude to any possibility of a future production? I'm not familiar with all of the vendors, but correct me if I'm wrong...these were made by BCC and the owner passed away several years ago, right? Wondering if the owner's family ever considered future plans. I'm assuming there isn't enough demand or other business expense factors. Pardon my ignorance.
At the time, the owner thought it would cost 3.5$/chip to make and wouldn't be able to sell them at 5$ needed to make a profit. In hindsight they probably weren't wrong given the used market I've explored in the past few months. I'm still trying to finish out my set.

At the time, the owner thought it would cost 3.5$/chip to make and wouldn't be able to sell them at 5$ needed to make a profit. In hindsight they probably weren't wrong given the used market I've explored in the past few months. I'm still trying to finish out my set.
Wow...didn't know it was that costly. Do you know how much a complete set retailed for originally?

I use to know, I've forgotten the exact amount but I think about 2-2.50 or something. Other people might be able to chime in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom