Samsung trade-in program a scam (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Jenn factory reset her tablet. I saw her do it. They are denying the trade in credit saying she didn't

Looks like they've been doing this for years

Screenshot_20200807-141719_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20200807-142753_Google.jpg

How is it blacklisted?

I've never bothered to trade anything in. I just replace them and keep the old one until it literally becomes worthless even as a dumb terminal. The last device I retired was a laptop that was still using Windows XP, who's only job was to mirror the poker clock outside and stream music during breaks. It could no longer stream after the latest TeamViewer update (just prior to COVID), so it's now waiting for me to loot it's hard drive for the rare earth magnets inside.

How is it blacklisted?

I've never bothered to trade anything in. I just replace them and keep the old one until it literally becomes worthless even as a dumb terminal. The last device I retired was a laptop that was still using Windows XP, who's only job was to mirror the poker clock outside and stream music during breaks. It could no longer stream after the latest TeamViewer update (just prior to COVID), so it's now waiting for me to loot it's hard drive for the rare earth magnets inside.

No idea, other posts I've found show Samsung would claim stuff like this and reject other peoples trades too, claim they were sent a different device, etc

How is it blacklisted?
Defeating the Knox software to unlock the bootloader will result in your device being black listed (This usually happens when a software related problem has to be fixed in a repair facility, or when done intentionally by the owner to replace the software on the device). There is also a water damage tester inside of each Samsung device, usually on top of or underneath the battery. A failed water tester will result in a black listing (Usually the result of keeping a phone in your pocket in the summer and sweating).

In reality, the fact that you actually bought a Samsung device gets the device and the any device the owner owns blacklisted by anyone and everyone. People you seriously got to quit buying Samsung devices. There are plenty of high quality easy to use devices out there that are A WHOLE LOT CHEAPER than Samsung. Anyone wanting a Samsung device please PM me first and let me know what device you want to buy, and I will give you a list of other devices to check out before you make that purchase. Seriously, don't waste your money on Samsung anymore. They are not worth their price tag.

Anyone wanting a Samsung device please PM me first and let me know what device you want to buy, and I will give you a list of other devices to check out before you make that purchase. Seriously, don't waste your money on Samsung anymore. They are not worth their price tag.
I really like my Samsung. It has outlasted every phone I have owned since the clamshell days (now those phones could take a beating). Admittedly, my phones take more abuse (repelling off tall buildings, entering burning buildings, fully submerged, etc), but no other phone has gone 3 years in a long time, usually not even two.

I do get the moisture warnings that delay plug in charging, so It's probably blacklisted then, but like I say, I'm not trading it. When it is time to replace, it will make a nice clock in the woodshop.

I really like my Samsung. It has outlasted every phone I have owned since the clamshell days (now those phones could take a beating). Admittedly, my phones take more abuse (repelling off tall buildings, entering burning buildings, fully submerged, etc), but no other phone has gone 3 years in a long time, usually not even two.
I was lucky - another online community I am active in landed me an invite shortly after launch for a OnePlus One (May 2014). I replaced it with a OnePlus Six shortly after it's launch date (May 2018). Samsung isn't the only people who can make a device that lasts. Only difference between our phones is mine only cost HALF of what Samsung charges for theirs. Seriously, there are better options than Samsung out there. You just have to know how to find them (Most people only know what their carrier tells them and we know the carrier has people's best interest at heart :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom