Samples: >> Royal Class << (1 Viewer)

Set this "final" design aside for a week or two..... then revisit it with fresh eyes. At that point, if you still love it and think it cannot be improved, then full steam ahead. The worst thing one can do with ordering customs (besides not getting samples) is getting impatient and rushing into it.
Yep. Exactly what I plan to do. I feel at peace with the design now, so I can actually leave it alone for a while and focus on “real life stuff” for a while.

I really do appreciate the suggestions and advice. Helped out a ton in the process.

I'm a big fan of colorful chips so I really like most of your "final" design.

My suggestion would be to change the final two chips. The $5k could use a splash of color. I was thinking replacing the gray with either yellow or DG yellow. Kinda more flows with the overall style of 3 colors per chip. Right now, its just red and grays.

And the bounty is just boring. Maybe a blue base? with three different color spots? I don't know. It just looks so out place with the rest of the set.

Just my $0.02.

Regardless of what you finally decide, I'm still up for a sample set.

love the progress., please add me to the sample list

I would also agree the bounty chip is a little boring with all the color and quarter pies, then one color and different edge spots.

I am not creative enough to offer an alternative but I think the set is :D and the bounty chip just meh. Nice, but not :D

I'm a big fan of colorful chips so I really like most of your "final" design.

My suggestion would be to change the final two chips. The $5k could use a splash of color. I was thinking replacing the gray with either yellow or DG yellow. Kinda more flows with the overall style of 3 colors per chip. Right now, its just red and grays.

And the bounty is just boring. Maybe a blue base? with three different color spots? I don't know. It just looks so out place with the rest of the set.

Just my $0.02.

Regardless of what you finally decide, I'm still up for a sample set.
I would like more color for the $5K... I like it as a predominantly red chip, but agree that it could be brighter/more saturated. When I come back to it with fresh eyes I'm hoping inspiration will strike.

If not, I still like the chips a lot the way they are.

The bounty was to be the "anti" saturated chip, easier to separate from the others... emotionally I'd love to make it multi-colored, but logically I imagine a more "boring" bounty chip is easier to tell apart in a stack? I already feel like I've used "too many" colors in this set (15 shades in 5 chips!).

The bounty was to be the "anti" saturated chip, easier to separate from the others... emotionally I'd love to make it multi-colored, but logically I imagine a more "boring" bounty chip is easier to tell apart in a stack?
I tend to favor bounty chips that are ~very~ distinguishable from the chips in play. Seldom do they share a spot pattern, any common colors, or even basic design elements (except for perhaps the basic inlay design).

For example, a solids tourney set will likely have a flamboyant spotted multicolor bounty chip, and a multi-spotted set tends to work better with a solid-color bounty that stands out as something unique in the crowd.

Making the bounty chip a different size -- or even a different shape -- also helps set it apart.

Updated the colors a little more, achieving the following:

- Removed the red 5K chip (my least favorite)
- Incorporated red into the T100, freeing up purple to become a primary color for other chips
- Created T5000 in purple, but this time with the mint light green accent instead of DGAY. Love this chip!!!
- Switched the T500 orange/peach chip with the T5000 new purple chip so that conventional tournament colors are more approximated (orange 5K, purple 500, etc)
- Found that with this setup, the T25, T100, and T500 were all on the darker side, so updated the T25 with charcoal instead of dark green, and changed DGY to DGAY for more "pop." Love this chip waaaay more now.
- Updated the bounty chip color to a deeper blue. Added colored edge spots to the white edge spots.
- Updated inlays to loosely follow the pattern = BG color is main chip color, heart color is brightest accent color. The only chips where this doesn't work is the T100 (black BG color is not saturated enough) and T5000 (white heart is not saturated enough).
- Aligned artwork to a better "center point" so that denominations are centered without $ symbol. Considered removing the $ but somehow I like it as part of the look.

I think I am completely done with the design. The sample chips confirm (to my, and my girlfriend's eyes at least) that similar colors would not be confused... I would love it if @Ray-Col could do a quick and dirty mockup of a splashed-pot or dirty stack, but I know he may be busy!

I requested a new quote from David with the updated design. If all goes well I plan to order around April 1st.
Royal Class Dreamblack Finished.png

Thanks, got them! Outstanding quarter pie chips!

Thank you!
The chips are fabulous!
They arrived on Saturday.

I know I’m late to the party but if there is a sample set left I’ll take it
Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom