Samples of Other People's Sets (1 Viewer)

Davism72

Flush
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've seen a handful of threads recently of people offering samples of their CPC sets. Thinking about @Quicksilver-75 chips and @WhiteMamba1646's buttons. Just wondering -- is this the norm around here? Do you all just own bits of each others sets? If so, any particular reason, or just because they're cool?

Thanks!

Matt

We're all collectors here. I think its neat to have a sample of all the sets out there. I used to collect members sets but now only collect ones from stuff I design. Dealer buttons seem to be the big collectible now, as well.

Also, it's sometimes nice to reference existing chips in person when you are designing a set. I know if I am thinking about doing a set with the same mold, inlay size, and or chips with similar colors/edspots, then I will hunt down certain samples to see how they work.

Also, it's sometimes nice to reference existing chips in person when you are designing a set. I know if I am thinking about doing a set with the same mold, inlay size, and or chips with similar colors/edspots, then I will hunt down certain samples to see how they work.

this.....

We're all collectors here. I think its neat to have a sample of all the sets out there. I used to collect members sets but now only collect ones from stuff I design. Dealer buttons seem to be the big collectible now, as well.

and this

In my case, it was a neat way to collect mold samples from CPC or ceramic samples of different styles.

That said, I made the mistake of loaning samples to a member last Spring as they were curious about different ceramic chips. They kept the chips and haven't been seen since June.

They kept the chips and haven't been seen since June.

That's so lame. But I will say that I really admire the amount of trust between members on here. Feels good to see people so willing to help, even if it means putting themselves on the line a bit. It sucks that you got burned, but good on you for trying to help.

That's so lame. But I will say that I really admire the amount of trust between members on here. Feels good to see people so willing to help, even if it means putting themselves on the line a bit. It sucks that you got burned, but good on you for trying to help.

@Ben was one of the first members to do this for me. I was contemplating if I would like the FDL mold or not for my sunset CPC's. I didn't ask. He just sent me a barrel of them to try out.

I've done the same thing for several members and it has always worked out. @CdnBeerLover , I'm guessing you have contacted them via PM? or have they just disappeared from the site?

Hey guys,

I've seen a handful of threads recently of people offering samples of their CPC sets. Thinking about @Quicksilver-75 chips and @WhiteMamba1646's buttons. Just wondering -- is this the norm around here? Do you all just own bits of each others sets? If so, any particular reason, or just because they're cool?

Thanks!

Matt

I collect CPC samples of a lot of the members here. I probably have over 30 sample sets on display.

IMG_20180908_183054.jpg
I've added 6-8 more since that photo.

Like others said, 1. I'm a collector and 2. It's a good way to see in person different molds and color combinations.

No, we're not all collectors here. But many are. See the pics already posted... and those are by far not the biggest sample collections around here.

From what I understood, it's common courtesy to offer samples here if you get yourself a set made, particularly if you had the community help you with it - be it design or other guidance.

Edit: I don't collect samples for the sake of collecting. Most samples I have are not of other peoples' customs, and were mainly bought to have a good reference to make custom chips from. (See my Horseshoe Tournament set that is being manufactured right now, and a couple of chips from the Paradise set). I do consider getting samples of custom sets I really like, but I am very picky.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Matt

I only own my own set. Havana Cardroom is my custom set designed by @Quicksilver-75 .

@CdnBeerLover , I'm guessing you have contacted them via PM? or have they just disappeared from the site?

Both. I''ve contacted them by PM and email, and no response. They last logged on a few days after I asked for an update.

At this point, I'm assuming they are off the site for some reason, which is why I haven't named them...don't want to drag anyone's rep thru the mud, especially over a handful of samples. That said, if they re-appear and ignore me, then I'll drop the gloves.

I keep a stack to shuffle on my desk at home. Haven't brought any to work yet -- it's a pretty quiet office. :)

2DAA7455-EF29-440B-9D3D-0710B58BD1B7.jpeg

And that’s just the ones I have displayed. I’ve run outta room long ago. And confirmed, Jeff has 10 times my collection

Edited. I really should take an updated photo. Most of the chips shown have been rotated out for other chips...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom