Sample Set Favorites From a Newbie (1 Viewer)

Taxi500

Two Pair
Reaction score
I'm about a week or two out from trying my first set of Paulson's samples but as of now I have played with/have samples of (In order of favorite producers):

1) BR Poker Chips (DDLM & Tiki)
2) Matsui 43mm
3) Abbiati
4) Card Molds
5) Dice Chips

These are just my own novice opinions:

BR Poker & Matsui are a pleasure to shuffle. Matsui has a clay-ish feel while BR has a smoother, lighter, softer ceramic touch. Both are amazing to shuffle.

I don't understand the hype around the card molds chips besides the amazing designs at low prices. They seem to ignore copy right issues too which is great for the tribute sets. From a subjective 'feel' they're too light for me to love.

Desperately want to buy the Abbiati chips but their edges are so sharp that I find that they are hard to shuffle. Amazing weight to them and they're like a BR chip but denser & Heavier. If these shuffled more easily they'd be my #1. Not sure I can resists getting a crown plaza cash set at some point though (frac 1 & 5 might be the best colors I've seen as of yet)

Anything else I should consider that I haven't mentioned above?

I'm not a shuffle. But for those who like to shuffle, they seem to prefer chips that have been broken in with use a bit so their edges aren't so sharp. Brand new clays have sharp and square edges, so lots of shuffle complaints here. High end plastic (8-14g) and ceramic chips (10g) without bevels have a slightly softer edge. Lower end plastics like China Clay can have even softer edges but many are heavy as well.

It looks like you prefer the premium type of chip, but you'll need to break them in a bit.

I'm not a shuffle. But for those who like to shuffle, they seem to prefer chips that have been broken in with use a bit so their edges aren't so sharp. Brand new clays have sharp and square edges, so lots of shuffle complaints here. High end plastic (8-14g) and ceramic chips (10g) without bevels have a slightly softer edge. Lower end plastics like China Clay can have even softer edges but many are heavy as well.

It looks like you prefer the premium type of chip, but you'll need to break them in a bit.
I did forget to mention my China clays... also not a fan. The smell alone was too much which I understand goes away but man was it strong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom