S.1668 - Restoration of America's Wire Act (1 Viewer)

Is this still going on? Christ, honestly? do you know why I walked away from this discussion? News flash. because even if you tell the truth about certain people, they still act royally butthurt about it.

I see this kind of crap every day on Facebook. Yet I left a good 24 hours ago
Thanks for proving my point. Bye bye....

Well, I responded to the first PCF notification I received that included your post. We have been traveling since about 3pm yesterday, and are just getting settled in at home again. That pretty much covers your 24 hours -- not everyone spends all day crouching over their keyboards and waiting for your next love letter.

I'm a former genetic republican, Goldwater and Nixon supporter, and current registered independent. So I'm not sure what point has been proven.

But you just go on your merry way, Steve (if that's your name), spouting your cliches and your oh-so objective (and very much "holier than thou" -- isn't that ironic?) assertions, like "most of them define the party." I'm guessing that beyond the generality of Las Vegas, your home address is somewhere in Area 51...

Is this still going on? Christ, honestly? do you know why I walked away from this discussion? News flash. because even if you tell the truth about certain people, they still act royally butthurt about it.

I see this kind of crap every day on Facebook. Yet I left a good 24 hours ago and there are still whiners butthurt instead of admitting the truth: their party needs a massive overhaul instead of producing a bunch of special snowflakes who can't handle things like facts or truth if it is in direct contrast to their beliefs or narratives.

(yes, I will say it right now. the Regressive left are part of the worst period generation period ever period and that is why there are so many cucked manginas, psychotic feminists, lunatic BLM members, insane members of the All-inclusive Different Sexuality community walking around naked at Pride, etc,.)

I could honestly go on any board and hear "wah wah wah" fifteen times an hour. That's why I walked away, because I'm reminded of a phrase. "if you want to offend a conservative, lie about him. if you want to offend a liberal, tell the truth about him. "

Thanks for proving my point. Bye bye.

You're as stupid as you are judgemental and certifiably shithouse rat crazy.

You couch your complaints about the left by repeatedly saying both parties have problems, but save 100% of your vitriol for the left and no slashing criticism of the right.

I used to be a Republican, until idiots like you embarrassed me to the point where I was forced to become an independent and seek out people that were intellectually curious, open to new ideas, and grounded in truth, fact and science. I'm still looking for a candidate that fulfills these lofty goals, but in the meantime, until I find it, the least I can is openly mock intellectually helpless halfwits like you. Your arguments are devoid of facts, and your blanketed beliefs lose all credibility. Just go away. Or at least stop posting in this thread.

Well, technically, you haven't yet walked away from anything. I'd actually lose what little respect I may have for you if you did, as you'd be employing the classic "fire and forget" strategy that tries to simultaneous take the high road while firing the last shot.

I see this kind of crap every day on Facebook. Yet I left a good 24 hours ago and there are still whiners butthurt instead of admitting the truth:

The amazing thing about the Internet - I had someone explain this to me recently - is that one can write these things called "posts", and ostensibly, they can survive forever. No watering, no feeding, nothing. It's like a pet rock that never erodes. Really, it's wonderful. 24 hours later, everything is still here.

I used to be a Republican, until idiots like you embarrassed me to the point where I was forced to become an independent

Welcome to the registered Independent club. Our secret handshake is that you don't need to know any ridiculous secret handshake or identify partisan dog whistles.

The independents secret handshake doesn't exist because their hands spend too much time independently fact-checking everything they read.

...and no, comparing something on Facebook with something else on Facebook is not independent fact checking.

The independents secret handshake doesn't exist because their hands spend too much time independently fact-checking everything they read.

...and no, comparing something on Facebook with something else on Facebook is not independent fact checking.

Fact checking is sadly a requirements nowadays. My dad started working with internet technology back in the 80s at his old job. Real fledging stuff, obviously not websites and such. He saw the potential in what it would become and told us once it would be both the greatest and the worst thing of our generation. I never understood the worst part - until literally this year. It's far, far, far too easy to spread disinformation and lies in a setting that looks completely legitimate.

Evidently Newt Gingrich's comment that Trump is no longer draining the swamp was an egregious enough offense that Supreme Leader Trump demanded Newt record this video apologizing and making clear that he was so wrong and horrible to suggest that Trump might not drain the swamp.

So Democrats are cucks because of their irrational and silly speech codes intent on not offending others, but Republicans are the strong men because they're willing to contradict their own words less than 24 hours later if they hear that Supreme Leader Trump doesn't like what they have to say. Makes sense.

The sheer number of Republicans that were "Never Trump" and then immediately folded and supplicated themselves before their Great Leader is shocking. It's actually kind of sad to see otherwise proud men genuflecting to such a piece of human trash as Trump so readily.

The sheer number of Republicans that were "Never Trump" and then immediately folded and supplicated themselves before their Great Leader is shocking. It's actually kind of sad to see otherwise proud men genuflecting to such a piece of human trash as Trump so readily.

I personally didn't think the negative conclusion were applicable to Romney. I think he still hated Trump, but knew that it would be to the benefit of the country if he were give a position of power within the administration and so was willing to risk the very likely result that he would look like a subservient fool. Actually made me respect Romney a lot more.

But yes, McConnell, Gingrich, Cruz, Ryan, and to a less degree (surprisingly) Rubio are all pathetic sellouts.

Can someone please appropriately rename this thread to "yet another thread where liberals bash conservatives"? Tiring, no matter which side of the fence one stands (or aside, or on top). TYVM in advance.

Can someone please appropriately rename this thread to "yet another thread where liberals bash conservatives"? Tiring, no matter which side of the fence one stands (or aside, or on top). TYVM in advance.

Speaking only for myself I have nothing but respect for conservatives who remain faithful to their values. It's just that there aren't too many of them around these days and even fewer in power.

If you'd rather it be a thread where we praise those who have shown themselves to be true conservatives rather than the mealy mouthed power-hungry assholes I listed above, I'm glad to list some of the many who I have shown themselves worthy of respect and who I expect will be allies in the coming four years:

Bill Kristol
Mitt Romney
Mark Kirk
Mike Lee
Ben Howe
Ben Sasse
Erick Erickson
Glenn Beck
Stuart Stevens
Mike Murphy
Ana Navarro
Colin Powell
Mark Salter

And probably a slew more that don't come immediately to mind.

I'm actually a Republican, numbnuts. I'm just embarrassed for my party. And while I may be bashing - I didn't throw the first punch. How about we rename it to "yet another thread where a conservative attacks liberals and can't take the heat when a centrist conservative hits back?"

I'm actually a Republican, numbnuts. I'm just embarrassed for my party. And while I may be bashing - I didn't throw the first punch. How about we rename it to "yet another thread where a conservative attacks liberals and can't take the heat when a centrist conservative hits back?"
A centrist conservative? Too bad you don't have a party.

Centrists - true centrists conservative or liberal are sadly too few to amount to a party in this country. Worse, they don't have a dedicated media outlet, and they are immune to one-sided social media propaganda.

I sadly doubt we will ever see true centrist in this country ever again. But if you want to believe, http://uscentrist.org/

Note: I do not necessarily support or endorse the Centrist party.

We keep getting third parties trying to come in from the far left, or the far right.. or, in the case of the LIbertarians, perhaps an alternate plane of existence.

I'd love to see a third party emerge right in the middle - the Screaming Centrists, calling bullshit on the crap coming from either end. I'd vote for that. I'd sign up. I might even run for office under that banner.

But if you want to believe, http://uscentrist.org/

I'd actually never heard of them. I guess they're not screaming centrists, so they get no attention.

Numbnuts? Srsly? I dont give a fuck about you or your party, or anybody else's for that matter, or how much y'all want to bash each other, nor was I specifically addressing you. I couldn't care less.

I would simply prefer that a thread title accurately reflect what is contained within. When the content drastically veers from the original, so should the title. I intentionally stay out of the political (and religious) threads. Would be nice if they weren't disguised with misleading thread titles, that's all. Numbnuts indeed, lol.

I intentionally stay out of the political (and religious) threads. Would be nice if they weren't disguised with misleading thread titles, that's all.

To be fair, a thread title referencing pending legislation would seem to indicate the thread will likely contain political discussion.

Numbnuts? Srsly? I dont give a fuck about you or your party, or anybody else's for that matter, or how much y'all want to bash each other, nor was I specifically addressing you. I couldn't care less.

I would simply prefer that a thread title accurately reflect what is contained within. When the content drastically veers from the original, so should the title. I intentionally stay out of the political (and religious) threads. Would be nice if they weren't disguised with misleading thread titles, that's all. Numbnuts indeed, lol.

It referenced a federal act. FWIW, I didn't take it to the place that SteveH did, I just responded to his ridiculous bullshit.

It's not like the thread said "Unicorn and Skittle pron".

It referenced a federal act. FWIW, I didn't take it to the place that SteveH did, I just responded to his ridiculous bullshit.
Totally understood. And it makes no difference to me if it ends up morphing into that, either (regardless of who was responsible, don't care)..... so long as the thread title reflects the content. That's all I asked, which doesn't seem to be unreasonable, given the incivility usually involved in such exchanges.

I'm not saying you guys can't play, or shouldn't play, or even control where to play, however it is you choose to play or where ever it is you choose to do so. Simply have enough respect for others not so inclined to give us fair warning when and where it happens. Simple courtesy.

To be fair, a thread title referencing pending legislation would seem to indicate the thread will likely contain political discussion.
No argument there..... but I'd hardly consider what ensued to be any type of political 'discussion' pertaining to the pending legislation.

How about we rename it to "yet another thread where a conservative attacks liberals and can't take the heat when a centrist conservative hits back?"
Works for me. True or not (don't know, don't care), it's more reflective of the content that the current title. That's all I'm asking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom