Running Good/New Gig (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I just finished my first week of the new gig. First off, this was the busiest that I have been in a long time. Tons of meetings and presentations. The meetings are all being led by either me, or the team I'm on. I don't feel like their wasted time. I'm making contacts within the city pd, campus facilities, ect.... The presentations are a blast. People want to be there (Active Shooter, Awareness, safety, ect....). I didn't have to deal with one asshole this week.

As expected, my new boss is awesome. I've known him for 20 years. I've worked with him in training courses and a few cases. He is as cool as I expected. He gives you his expectations, then leaves you alone. The position is flexible. I can work whatever schedule I want. As long as I give him 40 hours a week, and put the Community first. I'm trying 4 x 10 hour shifts to see how I like that schedule.

He is a fitness junkie. He allots 1 hour of your workday for working out. I swim at the rec center. He said count it. If I can't swim. There is a gym at the PD. I hit the treadmill for 45 minutes today to end my shift!

I know I'm still in the honey moon phase. WOW, this was a good call.

Just wanted to do a humble brag.

Thanks again to the PCF'ers and the PCF'ers wives who helped me with my resume and cover letter.

B

Fridays off? Niiiiiiice.

IMO, companies would really benefit from allowing work-out time. Healthy employees are better employees, IMO.

I'm trying to get Planet Fitness to give our company a break in membership prices. Once I get a number, I'm gonna try and get the company to pay for it.

Reduced health care premiums, less stress, etc. All good things.

Congrats, BTW.

Glad to hear you are loving it so much Bill, sounds like you landed a dream gig. 4 x 10 does sound like a great idea, I’ve always wanted to do that schedule.

I hope the job run good continues.

Are we gonna get fitness updates on your road to becoming a gym junkie haha.

Fridays off? Niiiiiiice.

IMO, companies would really benefit from allowing work-out time. Healthy employees are better employees, IMO.

I'm trying to get Planet Fitness to give our company a break in membership prices. Once I get a number, I'm gonna try and get the company to pay for it.

Reduced health care premiums, less stress, etc. All good things.

Congrats, BTW.

It won't always be Friday off. Some fridays i'l have commitments. As long as I meet my community needs I can take whatever day off that I want.

Congrats! Good for you for making the move. Life is too short to stay in job that isn’t a good fit. Lots of good organizations and bosses are out there. Looks like you found both.

Paid to work out for an hour, damn! That plus four tens most weeks and no assholes! Win, Win and Win!

Still going great after 6 months. This is definitely something I could do to finish out my career with U of M. The honeymoon phase is over. The first negative has hit. I was informed that I have to work all of the home Michigan football games. That means 8-10 hrs of Mandatory OT for those SAT games. Its already going to cause me to miss the next two league games.

Still going great after 6 months. This is definitely something I could do to finish out my career with U of M. The honeymoon phase is over. The first negative has hit. I was informed that I have to work all of the home Michigan football games. That means 8-10 hrs of Mandatory OT for those SAT games. Its already going to cause me to miss the next two league games.
Dang work!

It’s great when good things come to good people! So happy for you, Bill!

I just finished my first week of the new gig. First off, this was the busiest that I have been in a long time. Tons of meetings and presentations. The meetings are all being led by either me, or the team I'm on. I don't feel like their wasted time. I'm making contacts within the city pd, campus facilities, ect.... The presentations are a blast. People want to be there (Active Shooter, Awareness, safety, ect....). I didn't have to deal with one asshole this week.

As expected, my new boss is awesome. I've known him for 20 years. I've worked with him in training courses and a few cases. He is as cool as I expected. He gives you his expectations, then leaves you alone. The position is flexible. I can work whatever schedule I want. As long as I give him 40 hours a week, and put the Community first. I'm trying 4 x 10 hour shifts to see how I like that schedule.

He is a fitness junkie. He allots 1 hour of your workday for working out. I swim at the rec center. He said count it. If I can't swim. There is a gym at the PD. I hit the treadmill for 45 minutes today to end my shift!

I know I'm still in the honey moon phase. WOW, this was a good call.

Just wanted to do a humble brag.

Thanks again to the PCF'ers and the PCF'ers wives who helped me with my resume and cover letter.

B

Seems like a 4th meet up fits this new gig just fine...

Buy some wine, go up for an afternoon nap, and ask after.:tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom