Rules of etiquette for home games? (2 Viewers)

Mojo1312

Full House
Reaction score
Here is one of mine.

I always agree to split the prize pool if the host asks whenever we get down to heads up play at the end of a tournament.

I don't know why I extend this courtesy, other than it seems the polite thing to do.

Are there any others who follow a special code or rules of conduct pertaining to home games?

Last edited:
"...Never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city..." - Coach Bobby Finstock

Skip to 3:09

My brother sends me that video at least once a year. Too friggin funny.

"It doesn't matter how you play the game it's whether you win or lose... and even that doesn't make all that much difference."

"You stick with that, everything else is cream cheese."

My brother sends me that video at least once a year. Too friggin funny.

"It doesn't matter how you play the game it's whether you win or lose... and even that doesn't make all that much difference."

"You stick with that, everything else is cream cheese."
1579818868011.png

-Chips stay on the table. No going south.

-Cards stay on the table; not on your boobs even if the latter are minimal due to genetical deficiencies (ie being a male) AND, protect your hand at all times.

-You show one, at any circumstance (ie even when a hand is over), you show all.

-Always riffle, riffle, box and riffle as a dealer (NO other shuffling method). Always use a cut card. Cuts should be made by a non-dealing person and at least one-third of the deck (unless there is a dedicated non-playing dealer - still the cut card is of paramount importance for game integrity).

-Don't talk to the guy next to you. Anything you say (ideally, about the game, or a very short joke) should be addressed at everyone.

-Vebally announce at least betting, raising or calling (that must be the first word to come out of your mouth, before any other explanation or comment).

-So, no string betting or any other form of angle-shooting

-Verbal statements (compulsory, in the above cases) are binding

-Push your cards into the muck, when you fold

-Don't splash the pot and don't make change before the betting round is over.

-The dealer should keep the pot, if not instantly countable, at least clearly seperate from the individual bets of the current betting round.

-Keep your stack neat and countable, and bigger value chips in front or on top.

-Wash your hands after eating or going to the loo - compulsory. Just recommended before eating or going to the loo.

-Bring at least your initial buy-in in small pieces of currency, to make the bank's life easier (the latter should make sure to have lots of change anyway).

-Bring your own drink if it's exotic (milk, pineapple juice, ice-tea, or dope-filled energy shit) or if it's a regular drink (whisky or beer) in exotic quantities (more than a quarter gallon per person)

-Use of profane language, especially in the presence of ladies, is tolerated (especially to accustom the latter to the idea of having sex one day), but only if matched with some sense of humour.

-Winning players cannot leave before the time pre-set by the host, but still they should give an one-orbit warning. Losing players can leave anytime (greatly appreciated if they would volunteer as dedicated dealers).

-NO f*ckin straddles in my house (cleary a Coyote house rule).

:)

Reactions: mho

-Cards stay on the table; not on your boobs even if the latter are minimal due to genetical deficiencies (ie being a male) AND, protect your hand at all times.

-Always riffle, riffle, box and riffle as a dealer (NO other shuffling method). Always use a cut card. Cuts should be made by a non-dealing person and at least one-third of the deck (unless there is a dedicated non-playing dealer - still the cut card is of paramount importance for game integrity).

-Don't talk to the guy next to you. Anything you say (ideally, about the game, or a very short joke) should be addressed at everyone.

-Vebally announce at least betting, raising or calling (that must be the first word to come out of your mouth, before any other explanation or comment).

-The dealer should keep the pot, if not instantly countable, at least clearly seperate from the individual bets of the current betting round.

-Wash your hands after eating or going to the loo - compulsory. Just recommended before eating or going to the loo.

-Bring at least your initial buy-in in small pieces of currency, to make the bank's life easier (the latter should make sure to have lots of change anyway).

-Bring your own drink if it's exotic (milk, pineapple juice, ice-tea, or dope-filled energy shit) or if it's a regular drink (whisky or beer) in exotic quantities (more than a quarter gallon per person)

-Use of profane language, especially in the presence of ladies, is tolerated (especially to accustom the latter to the idea of having sex one day), but only if matched with some sense of humour.

-Winning players cannot leave before the time pre-set by the host, but still they should give an one-orbit warning. Losing players can leave anytime (greatly appreciated if they would volunteer as dedicated dealers).

Don't talk to the guy next to you? Really?

Except for when they're filled with dip spit

Take that shit home with you, don't leave those for the host, even in the garbage!!! My roommate in college was huge into dipping, I can't tell you how many times I'd be driving, hit the brakes a little harder than normal, and a f%cking bottle of mountain dew with dip spit would come rolling out from under the seat. o_Oo_O:vomit::vomit: Ahhh, the memories....

Don't talk to the guy next to you? Really?
If you 've seen it being overdone, especially among people who don't necessarily know each other very well, yeah, it becomes a rule.
Nobody knows if they 're talking about a lost gf or the game.

Take that shit home with you, don't leave those for the host, even in the garbage!!! My roommate in college was huge into dipping, I can't tell you how many times I'd be driving, hit the brakes a little harder than normal, and a f%cking bottle of mountain dew with dip spit would come rolling out from under the seat. o_Oo_O:vomit::vomit: Ahhh, the memories....
At least it was capped!

You left out the part about 3 week suspensions for violations. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom