Rubicon Cardroom - CPC Tournament Set (1 Viewer)

wetfoot

Pair
Reaction score
After a couple years here on the site, a few group buys, 1000's of bought\sold chips, It's finally time to start on my CPC set!

I've been an avid Jeep'er for many years and wanted to have a Jeep themed chip set. As a Jeep'er there is one trail we all know and should run at least once, That's The Rubicon Trail down by Lake Tahoe. I've been lucky enough to run this trail 3 times now with the most recent being last month. Lake Tahoe, the Sierra Nevada's and El Dorado National forest are a thing of beauty.

This was sunrise from our camp spot on Buck Island Lake on the trail.
buckisland-sunrise.jpg

My Jeep on Cadillac Hill
cadalachill.jpg

The other iconic aspect of the Jeep has been the grill. Each Jeep Wrangler model has had it's own similar version which will incorporated into the chip design.
I am currently working with J5 on the inlay design and will use this thread to post the journey.

Potential base colors
base-colors.png

I sent J5 artwork that sounds very similar to your idea last week. I've had two other designers working on it for months. I hope were not too similar...

Love this idea! Looking forward to watching your progress. In for a sample set if your going to offer them. I messed around with this idea once or twice but it didn't go very far.

Nice, I had a YJ for 10 years, only fit 4 and I have 5 in my family, I traded for a Cherokee and did too much work on it and it was never right, so I sold it.

Looking forward to seeing this come to fruition..

Initial thoughts
1539533861289.png

I am leaning toward a single spot pattern and like the 4DSA18
1539534024558.png

Scrown. Need the sample set.
1539534057557.png

Change to the 1k and 5k.
1539534125557.png

Different spot pattern but this for color ideas
Ok I like this spot pattern
IMG_0570.jpg
IMG_0571.jpg

Whatever came of this idea? I've been on the Jeepers Jamboree 2x and then we did a family and friends trip once. Maybe you could use some of the icons landmarks of the trail for different chips?

Cadillac Hill
Little and/or Big Sleuce
Buck Island
Gatekeeper
The SLABS
The wall

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom