Royals & Majestic, still good? (1 Viewer)

nick471167

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just wanted to ask for opinion, are Royals and Majestic CCs still a good bang for your buck? Or are there better options out there? Let me know opinions, I know this is all based on preferences but I am just curious!

Better CC options, you mean? No, not really.
Better options in general? Yes, plenty, depending on how much you’re willing to spend.

Better CC options, you mean? No, not really.
Better options in general? Yes, plenty, depending on how much you’re willing to spend.
I just heard CCs in general are getting pushed out of the market to better options. I don’t know what options those are exactly lol

I just heard CCs in general are getting pushed out of the market to better options. I don’t know what options those are exactly lol
Cards Mold ceramics are less expensive, and offer more opportunity for customization. This has made them popular in the budget chip market. Does that mean they’re better? That is the subject of some debate.

Cards Mold ceramics are less expensive, and offer more opportunity for customization. This has made them popular in the budget chip market. Does that mean they’re better? That is the subject of some debate.
There is some question about the medium-to-long term durability of the CM chips. Some posts here showing that they become slick and the texture wears away with some regular use. So, although less expensive and offering more customization, it's possible that CC chips might offer a longer value.

There is some question about the medium-to-long term durability of the CM chips. Some posts here showing that they become slick and the texture wears away with some regular use. So, although less expensive and offering more customization, it's possible that CC chips might offer a longer value.
I have heard this but have not seen pictures. Does anyone have pics?

Also very interested to see pics showing wear over time. Currently thinking ceramic but open to learning about other options.

I brokered a deal on here for some Majestics for my friend based purely on his breakdown and cost requirements, and as a clay fan myself, I am surprised by how much I ended up liking them. They look, sound, and feel great. They smell a bit odd, but not bad, like whatever they made action figures out of when we were kids.

I think they are a good bang for your buck, especially if you are not looking to go all out on customization (though the labels are replaceable if you do want that flexibility.) Plus they are available today.

I agree with @glynn and others, I have a few sets of Majestics as well as other CCs and they all feel and play very good. I think they are and will be a good bang for the buck for years to come.

Good luck in your decision making -- oh and by the way, anytime you wonder if one chip or style of chip is better than another, just get them both -- you know you're going to eventually anyway :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom