Royal and Majestic chips will be available at the end of the month. (2 Viewers)

Yep I did mine. I put about 2 tablespoons of mineral oil in the bottom of a big pot then I used my spray handle to forcefully mix the oil in the water the best I could. Then I did 200 chips at a time. Just dump them in and mix for a minute or 2 with your hands. Then just spread them out on a beach towel to dry. I tried to wipe off any excess oil. I will say at first I thought the chips felt pretty oily but after they dried and they were played with for one game they are good. The difference before and after is night and day.
Do you have Pictures?

Any tips for oiling these chips? I've never done it before, and my Royals are being delivered today.
I think it depends on if you are oiling them with or without labels on them. If they have labels, be very careful with the face of the chip. If they are blank, go ahead and oil them liberally - just be sure to wipe off the excess oil prior to applying your labels.

no pics sorry...
and yes my chips had labels when I oiled them. didn't seem to cause a problem

I’ve finished compression oiling my chips. 200 to go, just waiting on my labels from abc. I’m very happy with how they look after oiling, especially the blue chips.

Attachments

• 09ABFF2A-2EF1-4C81-AA92-1B069557FE06.jpeg
    09ABFF2A-2EF1-4C81-AA92-1B069557FE06.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 232
  • 2375FEEE-E75D-4FC3-BEC7-A68B08E0356E.jpeg
    2375FEEE-E75D-4FC3-BEC7-A68B08E0356E.jpeg
    260.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 87A59E35-F4C2-4E83-A501-59B8D1BCA780.jpeg
    87A59E35-F4C2-4E83-A501-59B8D1BCA780.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 9F3E4E76-578F-4242-8BE0-A0871F1C6B8D.jpeg
    9F3E4E76-578F-4242-8BE0-A0871F1C6B8D.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 248
Yep I did mine. I put about 2 tablespoons of mineral oil in the bottom of a big pot then I used my spray handle to forcefully mix the oil in the water the best I could. Then I did 200 chips at a time. Just dump them in and mix for a minute or 2 with your hands. Then just spread them out on a beach towel to dry. I tried to wipe off any excess oil. I will say at first I thought the chips felt pretty oily but after they dried and they were played with for one game they are good. The difference before and after is night and day.
Does this impact how the labels will stick on later? I know some oiled surfaces don't take well to adhesives. Or do you oil them with labels applied?

Sorry for the double post. I asked my question for a post on page two and didn't see my question was already answered on the next page.

LOL - Cry me a river (or a turn card). Mine have to make it through Canada Customs and then Canada Post. Delivery hopefully sometime before July. But hey, I've been waiting since September, so what's a few more days.

How much lube should I prepare for the import fees?

Sounds clear to me. The formula is two drops of oil per barrel. DONT OVER OIL. So the rest of the bottle of mineral oil must be to make it easier to take those expenses.

How much lube should I prepare for the import fees?
If they’re coming by USPS, then Canada Post may charge 13% (PST/GST), depending on declared value. $200 USD seems to be the magic number where they begin to charge tax, although the official number is $20 CDN.

If you use UPS or Fedex, expect to pay PST/GST on any shipment over $20 CDN, plus brokerage fees of around $75, regardless of value (even if the shipment is only worth $5)

Also don’t be surprised if a mailed package takes 4-5 weeks to clear customs. International mail is super slow due to Covid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom