Rounders movie actual prop chips (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Any guesstimate on the value of a complete set of chips from “Teddy KGBs” and the ”Chesterfield Club” from the movie “Rounders”? Almost all come with the ORIGINAL COA from Premier Props.

I just watched a YouTube video the other day from Adam Savage (MythBusters) who actually has a replica set of Teddy KGB's chips. He said he watched eBay and said they go for $20-$30 per chip, which is of course why he chose to have replicas made instead of trying to procure the original movie props.

I just watched a YouTube video the other day from Adam Savage (MythBusters) who actually has a replica set of Teddy KGB's chips. He said he watched eBay and said they go for $20-$30 per chip, which is of course why he chose to have replicas made instead of trying to procure the original movie props.

You can buy Teddy KGBs chips or Chesterfields from the same company that made and designed them for the movie. They are less than $2 each.
http://www.classicpokerchips.com/stock/roundersc.htm

If you have a set and are looking for an evaluation I'm sure someone more knowledgable on the forum can help you out. If you are looking to acquire a set CPC is the original maker of the movie set chips and sells replicas on their csq or scroll mold for just under $2 a chip. If you are patient they come up in the classifieds as well.

First of all, he is wrong if he thinks ORIGINAL movie prop chips sell for$20 or $30 per chip. I would buy them all day long. Second, he shows very clearly how to tell the “good fakes” from the rest.

Any guesstimate on the value of a complete set of chips from “Teddy KGBs” and the ”Chesterfield Club” from the movie “Rounders”? Almost all come with the ORIGINAL COA from Premier Props.
This might be a stupid question, but when you say “complete set” I assume you mean a sample set, like one of each chip? (And not a complete playable set, like hundreds of chips?)

I think Rainman will tell you they’re worth $150 apiece. I feel like I’ve seen some of them them sell for cheaper than that Over the years, but you don’t see them up for sale often, so I’m not going to argue with it.
This was from 2018 - you can find it with the search function
53E4AFED-0EE2-4F99-A157-A8D2537DE7EF.png

I would guess around 100 to 125ish a chip. but that is just a guess from the ones I have seen sell. a full set might be worth more. not sure.

I've seen them sell for between $125 to $200 each depending on the denomination for the teddy KGB chips. Generally, they're worth about $150 each, but the $100 chip is worth a little more, maybe $175. The $5 is probably worth the least at around $125. The $1 is hardest to find, you might get $200 for it if you were patient and found the right buyer.

The chesterfield chips are worth a little bit less though. $100 to $125 each probably.

Also, I almost guarantee that you don't have the original COA from Premier Props. There was only one COA that came with the full set (over a thousand chips) and the guy who bought them kept the COA for his set. He did make a ton of high quality scans of the COA however, and he offers those with the chips when he sells them.

However, these sales prices were all before the pandemic. Some collectibles have taken a hit since then, some have not. I have no idea how the market for these has been affected.

Here are pics of my sample sets. I had about 20 original chips at one point. I sold all my duplicates though.

I've seen them sell for between $125 to $200 each depending on the denomination for the teddy KGB chips. Generally, they're worth about $150 each, but the $100 chip is worth a little more, maybe $175. The $5 is probably worth the least at around $125. The $1 is hardest to find, you might get $200 for it if you were patient and found the right buyer.

The chesterfield chips are worth a little bit less though. $100 to $125 each probably.

Also, I almost guarantee that you don't have the original COA from Premier Props. There was only one COA that came with the full set (over a thousand chips) and the guy who bought them kept the COA for his set. He did make a ton of high quality scans of the COA however, and he offers those with the chips when he sells them.

However, these sales prices were all before the pandemic. Some collectibles have taken a hit since then, some have not. I have no idea how the market for these has been affected.

Here are pics of my sample sets. I had about 20 original chips at one point. I sold all my duplicates though.

I have the original COAs from Premier Props. I did not buy a full set at one time. I purchased chips in various groupings and kept a set for myself. I had a lot more than 20 of them. Sold most of my duplicates on “the Chip Board” years ago. Traded some of my duplicates for the two $1 chips. Have a copy of the COA for those. The rest were purchased directly from Premier Props.

Haven’t decided to sell. Chips are desirable by both poker chip collectors and movie prop collectors. If I do decide to sell, I will most likely put them on eBay individually and offer combined shipping. I will post any eBay link(s) here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom