Rounders $1K Chip (1 Viewer)

Geremie

Full House
Reaction score
I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on a rounders set.
BB6EFB14-9742-47D5-A4C5-BEFA4B2585FC.jpeg

I dislike the $1k stock option (414+ just ruins the progression) so I’ll be going custom.

There are a few decision points.

1) 614+ vs 814+ Spots

The first three denoms are 414+ spots then it moves to 614+. I’m leaning towards that there has to be at least 2 of the 614+ denoms before another jump. But if this is the highest denom in the set, there’s merit to stepping up to a 814+.
C42B2957-04C4-4EE4-8EF2-86BA05D8C48E.jpeg

7ECAE063-B979-4FC0-BEF5-1AC9BCF6865D.jpeg

2) Yellow vs. Orange base color

I tend to favor yellow as the $1K chips, but the base yellows aren’t as strong as Paulson. So do I switch it up and go an orange base? Maybe I use yellow spots to incorporate some yellow in the $1K chip.

There’s a few options. I could go dayglo tiger (as above) or there’s orange / dayglo orange.

Would the dayglo tiger be too much of a shock against the rest of the colors in the set?

EC8771E5-ED21-4257-9274-791F60260AB5.jpeg

684C3DAA-CA58-452A-8E88-1B664D95A302.jpeg

Looking for some feedback and maybe some options that I’m not considering.

These look great Are you adding more of your 5k also?
I could be convinced to run more if we meet the 100 chip MOQ for the denomination, how many do you need?

I could be convinced to run more if we meet the 100 chip MOQ for the denomination, how many do you need?
I have a heads up set ($25x 40, $100x 40, $500x 20) arriving tomorrow and I’m already thinking I’m going to love them and that buying improved 1k and 5k chips preemptively in a group is a decent idea. Let me have a look at them tomorrow and get back to you. If I did get some I’d probably be in the $1k x 80 and $5k x 30 range. @SJFCPK18

I have a heads up set ($25x 40, $100x 40, $500x 20) arriving tomorrow and I’m already thinking I’m going to love them and that buying improved 1k and 5k chips preemptively in a group is a decent idea. Let me have a look at them tomorrow and get back to you. If I did get some I’d probably be in the $1k x 80 and $5k x 30 range. @SJFCPK18
I am going to need final confirmations by Tuesday night. Order cutoff is the end of the week.

How much per chip?
Looks like the DG Tiger 1K's with DG Tiger and retro blue 614 spots are $2.25 including the DG surcharge per chip, and the gray 5K's with alternating spots $2.37 per chip (level 3 edge spot on CSQ mold).

Anyone thinking of ordering any, I need firm commitments by Tuesday night and payment by Thursday night, and absolutely no later. I plan on ordering Wednesday and paying Friday to make the cutoff.

If the highest denom will be the T1K, I'd go 814. If you plan to add a T5K or higher at some point, then 614.

As far as colors go, if you think there is zero chance the T1Ks will be in play at the same time as the T5s, then I'd go Tiger. If you think you'll play with antes and the T5 will be at the table at the same time as the T1Ks, I wouldn't use any oranges (and definitely not with a yellow spot) as they are too close to the red T5s.

Last edited:
If anyone ends up with an extra 1k and 5k I’d love to check them out :love:

If the highest denom will be the T1K, I'd go 814. If you plan to add a T5K or higher at some point, then 614.

As far as colors go, if you think there is zero chance the T1Ks will be in play at the same time as the T5s, then I'd go Tiger. If you think you'll play with antes and the T5 will be at the table at the same time as the T1Ks, I wouldn't use any oranges (and definitely not with a yellow spot) as they are too close to the red T5s.
Do you happen to have an example of the tiger vs red?

@JMC9389 do you have any red $5s to show against the tiger?

Tiger in the middle, surrounded by reds and oranges:

366E2510-FC87-4B94-A67E-DD5E85D07A71.jpeg

Picture is a little brighter than real life. Colors are closer than the pictures show although Tiger is still the best contrast of the oranges vs reds.

If this can be broken down to singles, I’m interested in 1 as a card capper. Also happy to buy any $1K singles if @JMC9389 has any extras.

If this can be broken down to singles, I’m interested in 1 as a card capper. Also happy to buy any $1K singles if @JMC9389 has any extras.
I may have an extra 1K chip on hand for you. Just let me confirm when I'm home from work later on tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom