Round table base (1 Viewer)

Junior24xx

Straight
Reaction score
hi folks,
I'm in midst of a 48" round build. I'm thinking of making a pedestal for it. If my diameter of table is 48", what is the minimum diameter of the table bases legs. I.E. He legs should stretch how far?

Thanks

Seriously, search CL for pedestal tables, and theres zillions of 48" round tables with solid bases, but maybe junky scratched tops. Around $100 I find em., then felt the top, build a rail, cheap, and it'll look like a nice piece of furniture.

Are you saying you want two pedestals for a 48" round? That might be overkill.

I think he wants to know big to make the feet to keep it from tipping

Seriously, search CL for pedestal tables, and theres zillions of 48" round tables with solid bases, but maybe junky scratched tops. Around $100 I find em., then felt the top, build a rail, cheap, and it'll look like a nice piece of furniture.
Yeah until you want one ( as you found out in your other thread). I used to see them all the time too but been looking for almost a year now. Your CL pool much larger than mine

From Ottawa CL Table and if the top/skirt bother you, just use the clawfoot base.

This Table is listed as being nearby $50?

Yeah until you want one ( as you found out in your other thread). I used to see them all the time too but been looking for almost a year now. Your CL pool much larger than mine

I agree. However, the supply for round tables with single pedestals is much greater than for double pedestal tables. I was finding single pedestal tables left and right... If I were going into business of making tables, I'd just shop CL and convert 48" rounders into nice tables. Such an easy and inexpensive way to make a table. With a 48" table, you're lumber costs are nearly cut in half, and even more so if you're using a CL table for your legs AND your base play surface (just make a rail).

A "basic" rule is the feet (or base) should reach about 76% the table surface. A heavy table or large can get away with an even more narrow base (tv tables tip easily, kitchen tables not so much), as can a very heavy pedestal base. Lightweight pedestals require a much broader spread, up to 100% of the table surface.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom