Rock n Roll Hall of Fame???? (1 Viewer)

David O

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, if you know me you know I am a Rocker! So what is going on with the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame? The inductees this year are as follows:

Depeche Mode, The Doobie Brothers, Whitney Houston, Nine Inch Nails, Notorious B.I.G. and T-Rex.

Those that were up and did not make it this year were:

Pat Benatar, Thin Lizzy, Motorhead, Dave Matthews and Soundgarden

So how in the hell does Whitney Houston and Notorious B.I.G. make it in before any of the five that were snubbed?

Yes, Whitney Houston was an great artist but, Rock n Roll? Notorious B.I.G, Rock n Roll? Wow I have lost all respect for the RnRHOF especially when you do not see the names like Judas Priest, Soundgarden and Motorhead in the Hall of Fame.

How does Houston and B.I.G. make it before any of the five that did not make it???

Maybe they should change the name to something like the American Music Hall of Fame.

Is the heart of Rock n Roll still in Cleveland?

Nine inch nails ? Really ?
Depeche Mode ? marginal Big haired Europeans

Still no phish, no Judas Priest is ridic. It’s a farce

I was asking the same questions. They are all great artists in their own right, but not rock and roll.
How are you defining rock and roll? From what I've read it's a pretty loose definition that biggie does fit it. I don't listen to whitney tho

As genres evolve I suppose we may have to accept that any artist will be a potential inductee. Generations change and I'm sure some of the early inductees may be questioned at some point as well.

Ok, if you know me you know I am a Rocker! So what is going on with the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame? The inductees this year are as follows:

Depeche Mode, The Doobie Brothers, Whitney Houston, Nine Inch Nails, Notorious B.I.G. and T-Rex.

So how in the hell does Whitney Houston and Notorious B.I.G. make it in before any of the five that were snubbed?

Yes, Whitney Houston was an great artist but, Rock n Roll? Notorious B.I.G, Rock n Roll? Wow I have lost all respect for the RnRHOF especially when you do not see the names like Judas Priest, Soundgarden and Motorhead in the Hall of Fame.

How does Houston and B.I.G. make it before any of the five that did not make it???

Maybe they should change the name to something like the American Music Hall of Fame.

yeah, complete bullshit. I knew the hall sucked but how does Depeche or NIN get in there before Soundgarden? R&R HOF is dead to me.

The moment it came out that Whitney lip synched that famous national anthem performance she should have been banned from all halls of fame that involve performing on stage. Absolutely shameful. Worse than Milli Vanilli, who are a better choice for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, IMO.

Last edited:
I don’t know, I guess for a long time now I’ve just thought of the RNR HoF as having evolved into a “music” HoF so it’s not that shocking to me as far as the genres as it is to someone who considers the hall for rock music. No comment on the who got in/snubbed debate because that’s a whole other thing. (Yeah I dont get nin v. Soundgarden either, that’s just funny).

I will say that for me rap music was most definitely the “rock” music of our youth in the way it pissed off our parents and they would tell us it was evil and not really music; so maybe Biggie fits better than you might give him credit for. ;) I’m a west coast fan deep down but biggie is one of the Kings and if there is going to be a music HoF he rightfully deserves a place in it. imho only of course.

I’m in Cleveland where the Rock & Roll HoF is located and the local afternoon talk show host spent 2 hours talking about this. He pretty much said the same thing. That name should be changed to Modern Music HOF.

I don’t know, I guess for a long time now I’ve just thought of the RNR HoF as having evolved into a “music” HoF so it’s not that shocking to me as far as the genres as it is to someone who considers the hall for rock music. No comment on the who got in/snubbed debate because that’s a whole other thing. (Yeah I dont get nin v. Soundgarden either, that’s just funny).

I will say that for me rap music was most definitely the “rock” music of our youth in the way it pissed off our parents and they would tell us it was evil and not really music; so maybe Biggie fits better than you might give him credit for. ;) I’m a west coast fan deep down but biggie is one of the Kings and if there is going to be a music HoF he rightfully deserves a place in it. imho only of course.
I do believe most deserve to be in “a” hall of fame, just not the RnR hall of fame. in my opinion rock is a unique style of music. Wailing guitar, fast drum beat and such. Not rap or r@b not sure there is a hall of fame for those genres but if not they should start one and leave rock and roll alone,!

in the infamous words of Neil Young, “Hey hey, my my, Rock and roll can never die”.

Yeah, the RR hall of fame seems to have lost it’s way. I don’t know why there has to be nominations every year and spread across all generes. Just nominate artists when deserved!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom