Robert Eisenstadt has passed away (1 Viewer)

Psypher1000

Straight Flush
Reaction score
One of the early chippers who contributed a great deal to the hobby, Robert Eisenstadt, has passed away per a post on TCB. For those that may not be familiar with the name, he was the person who came up with the "MD" nomenclature, as in MD-50, aka the diamond square mold. His website, Antique Gambling Chips, remains available here: https://www.antiquegamblingchips.com/

RIP, sir, and thank you for your early work in the hobby.

So sad to hear. What a great resource he has been over the years. His site was always a reminder to me of what I always assumed/hoped the internet would be like. An obsessed geek sharing his knowledge for free with anyone that needed to access it.

Will someone be maintaining the site?

So sad to hear. What a great resource he has been over the years. His site was always a reminder to me of what I always assumed/hoped the internet would be like. An obsessed geek sharing his knowledge for free with anyone that needed to access it.

Will someone be maintaining the site?
Not sure yet. Gonna give the other chippers a chance to grieve before I move the conversation to to the mundane. I'll probably post the question on 6/15.

Yeah there's information on that site that I've never seen anywhere else. I very much appreciate it.

Damn, this is extremely sad to hear. Dude literally wrote the chipper bible. I exchanged emails with him several times over the last few years, mostly comprised of me fanboying over actually getting the chance to chat with him. Sent him samples of some unique molds I've found in my travels, hoping in some small way I could show my gratitude for his tremendous resources and effort.

RIP Robert. You will be missed sir.

Sorry to hear the news. RIP. Condolences to his family and friends.

Much gratitude and admiration for the man and his tremendous contributions to this hobby.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom