Robert Eisenstadt has passed away

Psypher1000

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the early chippers who contributed a great deal to the hobby, Robert Eisenstadt, has passed away per a post on TCB. For those that may not be familiar with the name, he was the person who came up with the "MD" nomenclature, as in MD-50, aka the diamond square mold. His website, Antique Gambling Chips, remains available here: https://www.antiquegamblingchips.com/

RIP, sir, and thank you for your early work in the hobby.

mtl mile end

Flush
Reaction score
So sad to hear. What a great resource he has been over the years. His site was always a reminder to me of what I always assumed/hoped the internet would be like. An obsessed geek sharing his knowledge for free with anyone that needed to access it.

Will someone be maintaining the site?

RussB42

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was a Great Chipper...

Psypher1000

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sad to hear. What a great resource he has been over the years. His site was always a reminder to me of what I always assumed/hoped the internet would be like. An obsessed geek sharing his knowledge for free with anyone that needed to access it.

Will someone be maintaining the site?
Not sure yet. Gonna give the other chippers a chance to grieve before I move the conversation to to the mundane. I'll probably post the question on 6/15.

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Yeah there's information on that site that I've never seen anywhere else. I very much appreciate it.

MegaTon44

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, this is extremely sad to hear. Dude literally wrote the chipper bible. I exchanged emails with him several times over the last few years, mostly comprised of me fanboying over actually getting the chance to chat with him. Sent him samples of some unique molds I've found in my travels, hoping in some small way I could show my gratitude for his tremendous resources and effort.

RIP Robert. You will be missed sir.

rowlin

Flush
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the news. RIP. Condolences to his family and friends.

Much gratitude and admiration for the man and his tremendous contributions to this hobby.

Top Bottom