Roast my line: 25NL full ring on ACR (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Looking for feedback. When I saw the hero call that V made on the river I was beside myself so looking for feedback.
Only have 35 hands on V and I'm playing a blitz game on my other monitor to pass the time so no HUD stats / no reads.
Fortunately I stacked him two hands later and won my buy-in back but wow what a call.

Folds to Hero in SB who RFI 3BB with ATs.
1668969520633.png

V decides to kick it up and 3! to 5BB or less than 2x.
1668969569213.png

Hero decides that looks weak, we have one A, are suited and OOP so incented to raise here IMHO. Hero 4! to 10BB. V calls.
1668969664945.png

Flop puts a FD out there and Hero goes big - bets pot. V calls. I probably should have just bet 1/2 pot here.
1668969720335.png

Turn pairs the board but I think with Qx V probably raises flop and I still have a draw to the nuts so I bet pot again. V calls.
Again after the flop bet I probably should have just bet 1/2 pot but was trying to keep the pressure on.
1668970197552.png

River is a blank and I put V all in for 12BB. V calls.
1668969904135.png

I had to look twice at his hole cards - how the hell does this guy call down with A-high??!!
I agree that I played this hand like a fish but OMG.
1668969997634.png

Tag him after thing one lol.
Pre-consider flatting his min or 4betting to 12-15bb pre
Flop - should have some checks as this flop hits his calling range well. I would bet 1/4-1/3rd pot.
Turn-as played maybe overbet jam for a bluff? Possible check raise all in depending on his action. Paired board its tough for fish opponent to fold Qx depending on your read.

results are sick, not sure what he is thinking

Pre: Blind v Blind I don't mind a 4-bet here sometimes but know even BvB you will often be dominated even if you hit an ace. We need to go bigger here if we want to generate folds (which this hand does), but he's gonna defend so wide here because of how small the 4-bet was.

Flop: Fine board to cbet. Hate the sizing, but if you're gonna go pot to set up turn jam this is the hand to do it with. You will almost only get called by better (and some draws like pair+gutter, open ended) at full pot sizing. Obviously, it's a 4-bet pot, so you're going to continue with so much of your range, and you have tons of equity with the nut flush draw, but think about what you'd bet with value here. If you had 99, QQ, KK, AA, or even AQ would you go pot? Full pot may fold out some pocket pairs like 88, but I'm not sure JJ or TT are folding. You also risk folding out worse which you can get value from in the form of straight draws with this sizing (JT, KJ, etc.) all of which will defend against a min 4bet IP. (Yes, AJo should almost definitely fold, but his range here is a lot more important).

Turn: Especially OOP, I'd consider slowing down. He can definitely have 7x here because 4bet was so small. He can also have more boats than you, as I doubt you put in the 4bet w 99. You're more weighted to QQ, but especially IP heads up, it's possible he just flatted with it pre. I suppose with an SPR of about one you either have to jam or check. If you're gonna jam here as a bluff, this is definitely the hand to do it with, along with maybe KJhh and JThh. Obviously don't mind a jam here, but his call on the flop is so strong, his range is likely narrowed pretty much only sets, TT+, some 9x and 7x that have draws, possibly JT/KJ/, flush draws (of which you double block), and then I guess some very loose floats with AJ and AK. Besides queens full or nines full, what value hands do you have here that go full pot? Do boats ever take that sizing? I guess you're trying to rep an overpair, which is fair, but with an SPR of just over 1 on the turn, if you're gonna go with it, you should probably just jam this. Don't leave a 1/15th pot-size bet behind going to the river. You have fold equity against JT, KT (which you both already beat and you block). Yes, you will almost always fold out AK and AJ (though they should likely fold flop) so it's surprising to see him call down with AJ (I guess bc he doesn't have a heart in his hand?) I'd say basically any Q always calls (maybe some Qx with only one heart fold), a 7 is never folding. A 9 will likely fold, but a 9 will also probably check back turn and let you realize your equity.

River: He calls the river because he's getting 14.5:1, so he's going to (optimally) call 94% of the hands he gets there with. If you were deeper (SPR of over 1) on the river, you probably have way better hands to bluff with here. I'd much prefer to bluff here with something like black AK because we block the best Qs he can have as well as overpairs. Black AK would also unblock the hands he calls flop and turn with (any heart combo draws, any pair+flush draws.)

Kind of realize I wrote an essay here but I think this is a really interesting hand. I also didn't think you played it all that terribly, real killer mistakes were the 4bet size preflop and not jamming turn. I think one of the biggest leaks I had which I've improved was barrelling flush draws (especially OOP) and bombing river even on a brick, because you block so much of your opponent's snap-folding range in missed flush draws and will get called so much more often.

Hand seems fishy from the start. Your min click 4! seems weak to me. Your pot pot line on flop and turn also seem bluffy to me given your pre flop action. River call from Villian is a no brainer after the turn call given the size of the pot and what villain has left.

what do the sims say?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom