Roadside table leg find (2 Viewers)

k9dr

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I have been looking at old dining tables on craigslist and letgo for more permanent legs to support my table. Driving home from work today I found these legs sitting at the curb only a few blocks from my house :) I didn't need the table top and asked the neighbor if he minded if I only took the legs. Now I just need some tools and a little skill to attach them :unsure:

05FF95B2-98DD-4F31-A4F9-25ACF6F0A0E1.jpeg

F4BAAD36-E040-4298-A1F3-0963BF9403E7.jpeg

425D0D7F-C7A6-4AE3-A4B2-12085A8208DD.jpeg

nice find. theres a local person selling this table only for $70. i could probably get it for $50. the legs are exactly the same as the ones on my table just a different color. thinking about buying it to have on hand in case i wanted to make another table in the future.

facebook_1526756120063.jpg

That is the perfect score if you don't need folding legs. (y) :thumbsup:
Attaching them from the start would be much easier, but it won't take much to attach them the way they are.

Nice find. You should be able to take one leg off of each pedestal and build a little stretcher to connect them. I’m a little rusty on the terminology, but it should work out nice if you center each pedestal in the diameters of the round ends of the table.

You can screw a couple 2x2 to the table from the bottom making sure that the screws are the correct length as to not go through the table top. Then attach the pedestals to those.

Very nice. If you swap them, you can remove a leg and add a stretcher.

Great table, and great space. I got my double pedestal free on craigslist. Going to build a topper for it in spring/summer.

Nice find. You should be able to take one leg off of each pedestal and build a little stretcher to connect them. I’m a little rusty on the terminology, but it should work out nice if you center each pedestal in the diameters of the round ends of the table.

No stretcher needed.

I have been looking at old dining tables on craigslist and letgo for more permanent legs to support my table. Driving home from work today I found these legs sitting at the curb only a few blocks from my house :) I didn't need the table top and asked the neighbor if he minded if I only took the legs. Now I just need some tools and a little skill to attach them :unsure:

View attachment 175099
View attachment 175100
View attachment 175101

Easy Peasy. Get some threaded inserts to mount on your sub base. Furniture bolts and your done. I would use six per leg. Put two closer together so they are keyed for easy re-assembly. Make sure you use the correct length so they don’t poke through your base into the padding.

IMG_4889.JPG

Last edited:
I can display this on one of the TV's for you....

Hey, I’m not the one who’s time-impaired. ;)

Though I’m in the Atlantic zone now, and it’s a losing battle to keep both laptops sunched to the ship’s time...

And for some reason, when editing a post, the PCF toolbar — including the icon for emoticons — is never active. ???

Last edited:
for some reason, when editing a post, the PCF toolbar — including the icon for emoticons — is never active. ???
You need to click on the starburst icon, last one on the toolbar.

Wow have the Lightning really been around for 25 years? I'm getting old!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom