RIP Martin Landau (1 Viewer)

RiverAce01

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Somewhat poker news, but decided to post here, for anyone that didn't know.

Martin Landau passed away today at age 89. Obviously, most of us will recognize him as Professor Petrovsky in Rounders. He played the role magnificently. He is probably my favorite character in the movie behind Mike and Worm.

His line "we can't run from who we are...our destiny chooses us" in the bar scene is one of favorites in the movie. He definitely played the role of Mike's mentor and voice of reason as perfect as it could be. I always looked at him as the counter character to Worm. Worm was Mike's shoulder devil, and the professor was the one trying to keep his head on straight.

I must admit, I didn't know he was still alive. He was older in Rounders but I guess not as old as he looked. I always pegged him for at least mid to late 70s in the movie, but I guess it was late 60s.

Rest in peace, good sir.

Last edited:
Excellent actor throughout his career, but was a superstar in my youth watching this show:

51JZX9ZS5RL._SY445_.jpg

Thank you for countless hours of entertainment over the years. RIP.

I always liked his work -- I think he did not often get the recognition that he deserved. Fortunately, he kept on doing films even after the age that most actors retire.

He was an amazing axtor. I will always remember him as Leonard in North by Northwest, with Cary Grant.

That may be Hitchcock's best thriller. Martin Landau also did a great impression of Hitchcock.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom