RIP Joe Morgan (1 Viewer)

rowlin

Full House
Reaction score
Cooperstown just lost another legend in 2020.

I have long admired Joe’s baseball ability, knowledge, and love of the game. I knew (of) him best as an announcer.

He had a combination of game smarts and sociability that are right up there with John Madden in football, Chick Hearn in basketball, and other all-time legends in the booth. He was in complete control of the subject matter, focused, and at ease, in a completely genuine and seemingly effortless way. His commentary was insightful to those familiar to the game and instructive to those who were not, without ever coming off as insincere or condescending. It felt like he was your friend, just watching a game with you in the living room.

I might still have an old 30 oz. Louisville Slugger with his name on it somewhere.

Thank you Joe. RIP, sir.

Last edited:
Heard about his passing when I was doing some grocery shopping today. Joe Morgan part of “The Big Red Machine.” For some reason I remember his unique batting style. Left handed batter and use to flap his left elbow (timing thing I guess).

RIP

Growing up in Indianapolis with no major league baseball team, I was a huge fan of both the Cardinals and the Reds in the Sixties. Sad time, losing both Bob Gibson and Joe Morgan so close together, as they were both childhood heroes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom