RIO WSOP chips (1 Viewer)

Regz2Riches

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi all im wondering and also very curious if anyone knows if they WSOP RIO tournament chips will be sold off or destroyed?

I think alot of us collectors would love to get a hold of a set.

I almost started a thread about this, but that “is this already being discussed” feature finally paid off.
I’d guess the chances are very slim, though I can’t for the life of me figure out why. We’ve recently seen a ton of Binions WSOP chips emerge, but I’ve assumed that was more likely due to that family not always playing by the rules, than through any legal mechanism. But if anybody could do it, it would probably be @TheChipRoom
Hopefully him and his lawyers are working their contacts!

I’d like to believe someone on the inside has at least mentioned the idea of “they’re NCV chips, we can make entirely too much money off them buy selling vs just putting them in the trash for Otto the garbage to pick up”
Btw. We should find out their trash pick up schedule.

I collected several of the 5$ Rio WSOP chips this past World Series does anyone know how many different WSOP 5$ Commemorative chips they’ve made?

I collected several of the 5$ Rio WSOP chips this past World Series does anyone know how many different WSOP 5$ Commemorative chips they’ve made?
They made them in 2005, 2006, 2007, & 2011-2020. The 2006 and 2007 are in sets of 3, are numbered and only have 500 each.

2011 and 2012 are sets of 3. 2013-2019 are sets of 4. 2020 is just a single chip. From these years there are between 1500 and 2000 made of each chip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom