• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine ridiculous PNY pricing (1 Viewer)

This guy has been trying to unload this set for awhile. He got no takers at $1,200, so I'm not sure why he's raising the price. But it's a free market, he can do what he wants......

All his auctions bear prices well above market value. He's one of a dozen or so frequent chip sellers that make me wish that eBay's canned searches would allow you to block particular sellers, instead of just selecting particular sellers.

All his auctions bear prices well above market value. He's one of a dozen or so frequent chip sellers that make me wish that eBay's canned searches would allow you to block particular sellers, instead of just selecting particular sellers.

You can do that. Click on Advanced Search, scroll down to Sellers, enable "Only show items from: Specific sellers" and choose "Exclude" from the drop-down.

Also interesting is that he indicates in the ad, that these are priced above market value? Interesting sales strategy

There is one other overpriced chip flipper on eBay that I was able to contact via email after I bought a few things. Then was able to try and work a deal. That is one way to do it. I think a good strategy for us is to ride out these stupid prices and wait until some things return to Earth.

He does say that he doesn't want to sell them. His price certainly reflects that. But on the other hand, if he does sell them for that, my set may go on sale tomorrow!

Also interesting is that he indicates in the ad, that these are priced above market value? Interesting sales strategy
I have plenty of chips that I would never consider selling for "fair market value", wouldn't even sell them for a 50% markup. There are loads of chips that used to be readily available that never pop up anywhere anymore... I would rather have options at higher prices than what we have been seeing for the last year or so.

I don't know this seller from Adam, maybe he is a rip off artist. But I would rather have a flood of "I don't want to sell these but I would let them go for this price" options over what we have now.

On this subject.. anyone have PNYs they are interested in selling at a more reasonable price?
How do I get privileges to post in the classifieds?

Nevermind about the Classified privileges.. still interested in the PNYs though.

Thanks.. I picked up a rack of the PNYs from Russ... smooth and easy transaction.
The secondary $25s are a lot cheaper (50% - 100%) than the primaries, at least form what I have seen.
Have 600 new condition secondary 25's now... got them all at reasonable prices.

I'm also the fool who ended up picking up the set from eBay seller (he is also CT member).. which was "ridiculously" priced.
I negotiated a better price, so not $1200+ foolish, but still overpaid somewhat even with the $25 primaries.

Glad to hear it. The primaries definitely look a bit nicer than the secondaries, but the secondaries are still the best looking chips I've picked up thus far, and were cheaper than what people are asking for some of the more generic Paulsons. Wish they hadn't put the hologram right on the denomination though!

Now the debate is whether to actually play with them! Would hate for them to wear / get dirty! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom