RHC? One-sided hotstamp chips, identification/price help? (1 Viewer)

Annorax

Two Pair
Reaction score
I'm not sure what these may have been in a past life; I received them in an eBay lot about ten years and three accounts ago. I'm not quite sure what to make of them; they don't fit my current relabeling project (not going to use Paulsons in a set where every other denom is either a PGI MGK solid or some similar edgespotted China clays from a clearance sale.)

Does anyone have any idea what these were before the inlays were removed or what might be a fair price to offer them for in Classifieds? I've got 4 barrels of them.

Attachments

• paulsong1.jpg
    paulsong1.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 109
  • paulsong2.jpg
    paulsong2.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 96
So the pics are both sides of the same chip?
I've never heard of any chip anywhere that was hot-stamped on one side and had an inlay on the other.
So someone must have milled one side. (Yet another abandoned labeling project I assume.)

I'm not sure how this affects the value. Paulsons with nice edgespots are desirable by lots of us,
but with one side milled, that limits buyers to those willing to mill the other side and label them.
If they don't sell right away, then they might sit for a while.
Still really nice chips.
Got any pictures of them racked up?

Those are two sides of the same chip. I don't know if they're milled or the inlay was physically pulled out. I was told it was physically removed & that's the source of the glue that's still in there (I haven't found anything that can remove it without screwing the chip up), so any advice on that would be very well appreciated.paulsongrack.jpg

I'm no expert but my guess is the one side looks milled and probably had a aftermarket label applied/removed. The mark in the center looks like where the point of the drill bit hit during milling and the edges don't look clean enough for where a pressed inlay was. Like I said I'm no expert, others will hopefully chime in.

Try using (just a dab on a rag) 91% Isopropyl alcohol to remove the adhesive, it should come off fairly easy but be careful to stay inside the recess as it could discolor the chip.

99% sure those are hot-stamped chips with a) denom on one side and b) either an image or initials on the opposite side, which c) have been removed by an amateur with a flat-bottom Forstner drill bit and d) filled with non-professional labels (since removed).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom