rfid table and streaming home games (1 Viewer)

Poker Jedi

Pair
Reaction score
what do you guys think about this stuff? The tech is out there for home players now.. and it adds all the cool graphics for you, very little post production required. Would you play in a game knowing it would be streamed or played on youtube? Would you watch home games? the stake would be closer to something you'd play as opposed to watching the pros play for crazy money. So what does everyone think?

they stream pinball playing with my other hobby and people watch it (and talk about it) all the time...... I don't see why streaming home poker games would be any different. If there's lots of alcohol flowing at the home poker game, it may be more fun to watch than WSOP on ESPN :)

So what does everyone think?

I think the potential to rail during "meetups" is outstanding! To hell with 'live-blogging' the meet ups! :) Just watch it live. However, I am not sure who we will get to do commentary? lol

I'd be worried about cheating, so I probably would not want to play that. If it was friendly game with my buddies, it would be fine. I'd probably be embarrassed by my horrible play watching it sober.

BiGGyT

There is a game on Twitch every Tuesday from 7-11eastern time. It's usually a 1-2 NLHE, but they have done 2-5 NLHE and PLO. They had Bart Hansen on as a guest commentator before and he has used some of their content on his crush live poker training site. I believe it's live with no delay. To help with cheating, they make their players give up cell phones during the session. Their website is pokeronair.com if you want to check out.

What do these setups run? Maybe we should start a group buy to get courages set up and running by this years DCS. He's got to be the best candidate due to both high turnout and quantity of regular games to watch the other 51 weeks of the year ;)

What do these setups run? Maybe we should start a group buy to get courages set up and running by this years DCS. He's got to be the best candidate due to both high turnout and quantity of regular games to watch the other 51 weeks of the year ;)
not sure about the hardware but i think the RFID enabled cards got for 175 a pack... so still a little pricey

I think the potential to rail during "meetups" is outstanding! To hell with 'live-blogging' the meet ups! :) Just watch it live. However, I am not sure who we will get to do commentary? lol

Maybe we should start a group buy to get courages set up and running by this years DCS. He's got to be the best candidate due to both high turnout and quantity of regular games to watch the other 51 weeks of the year ;)

I'd pay damn good money to see a PCF meetup tournament live stream with IPA involved and bergs doing the live commentary (which is perfect, since he hates tournaments anyways). I'd definitely watch, even if I was there and playing myself. Would pay premium charges if guinness was also in the field and/or providing commentary.

not sure about the hardware but i think the RFID enabled cards got for 175 a pack... so still a little pricey

Meh, that's only about $3.50 extra per competitor for a final table deck. Somebody look into getting a Modiano sponsorship for DCS.... //ducks//

There is a thread on 2+2 in the home poker section from Palimax who built and runs games on his Rfid table. He has cameras set up that will do split screen if it gets heads up. One cool thing is that the table could also do Omaha as well. Not a cheap set up as he did confirm cards were like $200 a set up. Overall pretty cool and worked pretty well. He hosted a meet up in 2013 and I was able to play on the table. My wife even tuned in to watch me play at a few points which was pretty weird when she was like why did you raise with 74 that hand is trash.

From the episode I watched from poker on air, the commentators said they would bring their whole setup to you. Not sure how far they would go or how much, but it would be fun to watch. :)

I'd pay damn good money to see a PCF meetup tournament live stream with IPA involved and bergs doing the live commentary (which is perfect, since he hates tournaments anyways). I'd definitely watch, even if I was there and playing myself. Would pay premium charges if guinness was also in the field and/or providing commentary.

Mr Tree...paging Mr Tree. Include for S@P III?

I'm a huge life nit and would probably decline to play on camera or go full hoodie/ sunglasses/ hat/ alias. There is still a large segment of the population that just sees poker as "gambling" and therefore I'd rather not have video of me playing posted on YouTube.

If it was going to be a closed stream (delayed, obviously) for guys who couldn't make it to rail the game, then sure, I guess. Would be fun to watch your game when not in attendance. Idk why anyone would drop big dough just to do that, though.

With the crazy growth of streaming gamers out there twitch etc. I wonder how popular a good poker home game could be... Twitch has added a poker category to the games tab, but it's mostly people playing online...

With the crazy growth of streaming gamers out there twitch etc. I wonder how popular a good poker home game could be... Twitch has added a poker category to the games tab, but it's mostly people playing online...

The High Roller Aria Cash Game got like 15k viewers at it's peak earlier this week? And that thing was blasted all over Twitter leading up to it. If we ever hit another boom I could see the streaming home game being a popular thing. Right now I just don't see it catching on.

FWIW, Live at the Bike is probably the most frequent, most visible, best produced live poker game streamed on Twitch. Can't find the numbers right now, but I think they get like 1k viewers on a regular night, could be wrong.

I got invited to take part in an 8 week SNG series to be broadcast on the local cable channel. They are going to use go pro cameras for the hole cams.

If this ever happens it needs to be me, Guinness, and HQ doing live commentary. Note - actual poker strategy will not get talked about often. By the 2nd hour I'm going to be openly mocking people and the third hour will basically be Guinness telling stories. HQ is just there so we can bet red/black flops with black chips. Let's make this happen.

This is something I've been wanting to do for my own poker league for some time now. I've been on the fence for the last two years, maybe it's about time I pulled the trigger and got this going. I've often thought that I could also use it for my rentals and bring a projector to show the action on a delayed feed.

This is something I've been wanting to do for my own poker league for some time now. I've been on the fence for the last two years, maybe it's about time I pulled the trigger and got this going. I've often thought that I could also use it for my rentals and bring a projector to show the action on a delayed feed.

I'm in. I'll contribute to get it going. I want this yesterday.

Mike

If one of you guys get this going post a link in here I'm sure you'll get some extra views. I'd watch or play if I could

This has long been a source of frustration for me. This technology has been available since 2008, but there has been no dropping in price and no viable turnkey solutions made available, it's all DIY stuff and very expensive. I would love to have an RFID table and cameras set up, Both for web streaming and later watching, but most of all to put up on a big monitor out on my patio where bust outs could sit on the couches and watch.

I'm guessing this never got going? A year down the line and this is still a cool idea. For those of us the wrong side of the ocean, I'd pay to watch you guys battle it out. My company will sponsor the beer supply :D

I have been wanting to do one of these for a while, but as mentioned the price isn't any more affordable, plus I find it difficult to justify dropping all this money on a table I'll likely have a very hard time selling.

I have access to everything I need to build one, I just can't pull the trigger yet.

I have been wanting to do one of these for a while, but as mentioned the price isn't any more affordable, plus I find it difficult to justify dropping all this money on a table I'll likely have a very hard time selling.

I have access to everything I need to build one, I just can't pull the trigger yet.
All in what would the table run?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom