Reveal plaques / showem chips in your home game? (1 Viewer)

beatsme

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Saw a poker night in America game where they had "reveal" plaques in play. Any player who had one could use it to see anybodys hand that didn't go to showdown. when you use it the player who had to reveal now has it and can use it when they want.... so it basically stays in rotation. Anyone use this in their home game? Thinking about putting 2 in play at the beginning of the night? maybe just one?

Also where can I find the reveal plaques?

A lot of guys got their own ones made. I use them during my tourneys. Players can buy one for 10% of the buy in at the start of the night and whoever has some after the tourney finishes can cash them in.

Our cash game is a social game and we keep our seating chips and can surrender those chips as a “show em” chip. So you only have time you can use it. I personally don’t like it but every single other player in my game wanted it. If you want a fun atmosphere go for it, but if you want to promote serious poker play than skip it. We don’t use them in our tournaments because those are more serious Poker.

My personal cash game uses them. Usually just a fun little extra that everyone enjoys. I also give a rabbit hunt chip so everyone gets one showem and one rabbit hunt per night.

Rabbit Hunt & Show'Em (1).JPG

I view show'em and reveal devices as anti-poker, unless the user is paying the revealer for the information gained.
Strong, aggressive players lose a lot with this. Its generally the same 1 or 2 players who are always getting challenged to show in my experience.

Strong, aggressive players lose a lot with this. Its generally the same 1 or 2 players who are always getting challenged to show in my experience.
This. Nits who barely play a hand will never have them used against them. You want to see my hand? Call my bet.

Nits aren't invited to my home game... lol.

but yeah I found a couple "showem" chips using a quick google search but would much prefer a plaque or disk. Anyone know where to find these?

I like show'em chips for my low stakes cash game. It's a fun thing to add. I "sell" them to players when they buy in for anywhere between 2x - 4x the big blind and the money goes into the high hand jackpot. Nice way to jumpstart the high hand prize.

I don't think I would ever use them in a tournament though

We use them. They're a load of fun, which is what our home games are about. They get taken out of play and usually only 2 get used a night, usually against me. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom