• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Mine Retro video game system (2 Viewers)

Just a bump update lol. Waiting for cases and power adapters should be here tomorrow or Monday. I hate waiting for thing to get delivered. Covid makes everything take longer.

Was just about to hook up my SNES the other day when I realized I was missing the power cable. Didn’t see this post when originally listed so your Christmas bump was timely!

Questions…

Can SNES cartridges still be played on this console?

Will the power cable that comes with this work with an old school SNES?

How are the graphics on an LCD/LED? (recently hooked up my N64 to my LED and the graphics on Super Mario World are pretty muddy)

Thanks!

I've been wanting to get an old skool Atari 2600 system for a while now...the games I grew up playing (yeah, I'm old). But I thought it would be a pain in the butt to hook it up to "modern" televisions. So I haven't bothered.

Would this system basically do that for me? Let me play all the old Atari 2600 games, simply by hooking up an HDMI chord? The controller would be different than the hold Atari 2600 joystick -- does that make it weird to play the games?

Very tempted by this.

Was just about to hook up my SNES the other day when I realized I was missing the power cable. Didn’t see this post when originally listed so your Christmas bump was timely!

Questions…

How are the graphics on an LCD/LED? (recently hooked up my N64 to my LED and the graphics on Super Mario World are pretty muddy)

Thanks!
This is a different power cable and no cartridges. This has a micro sd card and plays over 5500 games on I think 16 different systems. Graphics are bad but they are close to the original systems. For better graphics all the games would need to be redone in HD. I love these systems. Fun to play

I've been wanting to get an old skool Atari 2600 system for a while now...the games I grew up playing (yeah, I'm old). But I thought it would be a pain in the butt to hook it up to "modern" televisions. So I haven't bothered.

Would this system basically do that for me? Let me play all the old Atari 2600 games, simply by hooking up an HDMI chord? The controller would be different than the hold Atari 2600 joystick -- does that make it weird to play the games?

Very tempted by this.
I use a snes style controller and it’s good to play with. You will get used to it quick. And this has a HDMI plug so hooking it up to a new tv is a breeze. Comes with all 2600 games. Over 5500 games on 16 systems.

So....somehow I fell onto this thread and thought it was from this year lol.
How well does it work?

Do you still make these @Grimace ?

I used to have a bunch of these older consoles.

Right now I have the SNES they came out with a couple yrs back.
I haven’t made any since last year when I made this post. I could look into what one would cost to make though. Prices I’m guessing have risen but when compared to the cost of all the retro consoles out there these are a great deal. It also comes with a little over 5600 games. Not the 30 on a snes mini or nes mini. They work just like them. Turn it on, let it boot up and pick from a huge list of games to play.

I haven’t made any since last year when I made this post. I could look into what one would cost to make though. Prices I’m guessing have risen but when compared to the cost of all the retro consoles out there these are a great deal. It also comes with a little over 5600 games. Not the 30 on a snes mini or nes mini. They work just like them. Turn it on, let it boot up and pick from a huge list of games to play.

I have one of the cheap chinese ones and the games while close are just "off" either in texture, colour or edition?/name?

Are these units games displayed true to original? That would be awesome

I have one of the cheap chinese ones and the games while close are just "off" either in texture, colour or edition?/name?

Are these units games displayed true to original? That would be awesome
These are nothing like the cheap Chinese consoles. They play just like the nes retros that Nintendo released. The problem it would seem is a lack of stock of the raspberry pi computers I use in them. Every place I’ve looked is out of stock and preordering for may/June of next year. Crazy.

These are nothing like the cheap Chinese consoles. They play just like the nes retros that Nintendo released. The problem it would seem is a lack of stock of the raspberry pi computers I use in them. Every place I’ve looked is out of stock and preordering for may/June of next year. Crazy.

Not much different than waiting on a CPC order or cards mold order; I'm in if you decide to move forward :tup:

I can keep this thread in mind and update it if and when the computers become available for a reasonable price/ship date. I was out of making these but if some members on here want them I’m absolutely game to hook you guys up. This place has been so awesome to me I’m happy to pay it forward.

Count me in for one also. As long as the parts are not to exorbitant.

Can’t believe they wont be with the chip shortage and such.

Super cool project. I modded my original Xbox, put in a 2TB hdd, saved every og Xbox game to it + all emulators + games directly to the hdd. Tonsss of fun to have an all-in-one system like this. I end up playing more N64 on it than anything (although it hasn't been touched in months )

Super cool project. I modded my original Xbox, put in a 2TB hdd, saved every og Xbox game to it + all emulators + games directly to the hdd. Tonsss of fun to have an all-in-one system like this. I end up playing more N64 on it than anything (although it hasn't been touched in months )
That’s the first thing I had done when I bought my original Xbox. At the time put in a monster 120gb HD with roms and emulators for every system. Can hold a bunch of og Xbox games and I have a spindle or two of burnt games to choose from too. Haven’t used it in a long time. Although I took Friday off work so it might just have to be hooked up.

Questions…

Thanks!
Power cables are pretty available on eBay

To play the NES / SNES cartridges you need something like this
I have a retro-bit and works fine
Retro-Bit Retro Duo 2 in 1 Console System - for Original NES/SNES, & Super Nintendo Games - Black/Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012NZK8G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_H8G98HBZGNCQXRGDJCXQ

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom