Retro Red vs Mandarin Red (1 Viewer)

bsdunbar1

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I have color samples in hand but am not sure which is which.
On the chip design tool it looks like Mandarin Red is brightest, but on the color sample screen on CPC's website it looks like the Retro Red is brightest??

Yeah, retro red is brighter. You can also tell your samples apart bc mandarin red will have the brass weighting in it, but retro red won’t.

Edit: I type too slow lol.

Retro Red FTW.
IMG_20190511_151642.jpg

What a guessing game this is without these samples being labeled.
I'm also trying to verify between Dayglo Arc Yellow & Dayglo Peach
I have the CSQ Rounders sample set which I think has both of these colors used. Does anyone know if the colors of those stock chips are listed anywhere?

As others have said...

Retro red is brighter, more “fire engine” red.

Mandarin has a duller, more “matte” look, and has the flakes along the edges.

I don't know if I'd call retro "brighter", but imho its more "red", like a crayola red crayon. I find mandarin has more of an orangy tint and is more compatible with the cpc yellows/oranges.

What a guessing game this is without these samples being labeled.
I'm also trying to verify between Dayglo Arc Yellow & Dayglo Peach
I have the CSQ Rounders sample set which I think has both of these colors used. Does anyone know if the colors of those stock chips are listed anywhere?

DG Peach is much more orange. If you’re holding them side by side, DG Arc Yellow will be the lighter/duller one.

If I'm not mistaken the CPC colour sample is sent to you in the same order as the Chip Design Tool colour palette:

20190511_131301.jpg

20190430_195538.jpg

Sorry but Black, Charcoal and Grey come before Lavender, Purple and Blurple... turns out I reorganized my sample set incorrectly... d'oh! But hopefully you get the idea.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken the CPC colour sample is sent to you in the same order as the Chip Design Tool colour palette:

View attachment 286637

View attachment 286634

Sorry but Black, Charcoal and Grey come before Lavender, Purple and Blurple... turns out I reorganized my sample set incorrectly... d'oh! But hopefully you get the idea.

Yep, which should be the same order as what's shown on their website:

http://www.classicpokerchips.com/pokerchips/realclay/colorchart.htm

I find the Chip Design Tool colour palette is easier to follow at least for my eyes. I too had the same problem with the reds, yellows and oranges when I compared my unlabeled sample set to the CPC colour chart. If I'd just shown patience when opening them then maybe I would've noticed they were in that order. But yeah, if you're still not sure then check for brass flakes on the rolling edge and then it's easy peasy.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom