retro design - all same spots or simple progression? other criticism also welcome (2 Viewers)

Which spots do you prefer?

• Top row - all the same

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Bottom row - simple progression

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters
I had a thought for your 500.

Take it or leave it just thought the spot might work better for progression.

View attachment 10508

also love the blurple chip. reminds me of one of my favorite - and often overlooked, unfortunately - custom sets. i think the color combo would fit right in:

glfEDK2.jpg

too boring as a $500? it does stay more in line with the reserved look of the other chips.

wiYco9i.png

Blurple = nuts.

Any particular reason it has to have a zillion colors on it? A simple 44mm 514 is classic yet sophisticated - perfect for this set IMO.

Attachments

• Blurple.png
    Blurple.png
    307.8 KB · Views: 123
Blurple = nuts.

Any particular reason it has to have a zillion colors on it? A simple 44mm 514 is classic yet sophisticated - perfect for this set IMO.

yeah i don't like have a chip with three colors for the previous three denoms and then the highest chip in the set with just two colors. doesn't necessarily have to be a 6-color 514, but the spots offered for 44mm chips are pretty limited and i'm already using the 4A12 and 4DSA18 on the $20 and hundo, respectively.

the other option is a three color 514 with the same spots in the 1, 3, and 4 positions and the same color spots at the 2 and 5 positions. looks a little funky to me, but maybe i could get used to it:

6MBTKlw.png

I like it. To me it's the best you can do, yes it's unbalanced, but IMO it's better than five different colors. Only comment would be you have the light blue on the $.50 already and you made a comment to me that it's for flash so why not swap out the light blues for some more dayglo?

I like it. To me it's the best you can do, yes it's unbalanced, but IMO it's better than five different colors. Only comment would be you have the light blue on the $.50 already and you made a comment to me that it's for flash so why not swap out the light blues for some more dayglo?

the six-color chip was for flash. if i do a three-color chip and am trying to blend it with the style of the rest of the set, dg colors aren't really the way to go imo.

the six-color chip was for flash. if i do a three-color chip and am trying to blend it with the style of the rest of the set, dg colors aren't really the way to go imo.

Okay I didn't get that from the previous messages, but I do think it fits better than the five different colors.

or i could bring the $20 back to a 1/4 pie 39mm and make the $500 4A12. i actually kind of like this idea.

1DuMXYa.png

Or make the $20 the 44mm 514? Makes a lot of sense if it only gets played in limit with the $1s.

Or make the $20 the 44mm 514? Makes a lot of sense if it only gets played in limit with the $1s.

something like this?

sHeeGXP.png

or were you thinking all new colors?

oooh, i like that $20, courage.

Was hoping you would. Fits progression very well and looks sweet! Progression not an issue for limit of course, but you could use this in lieu of the $25 chip whenever you felt like it in big bet games also.

I had some other ideas for the 500. The mandarin red on 4D14 could be almost anything: dg saturn, dg orange, pink, etc.

jbutler_retroballa4.jpg

I like your $500 design more than courage's two versions. I like the updated $20 that he did but you seem to be drawn to the 1/4 pie and I liked it as well. What about using it on the $5? Not sure if it fits and I know it will be the majority of chips on the table regardless of the game so might be a little crazy but you can use muted colors. I kept with your original base. Thoughts?
iPhoto Library.png

You may lose chips with people trying to ingest them.

I forgot this combo…
$5 chip.png

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom