Replacing Gear Labels? (1 Viewer)

pipdenny

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought my first rack of THC HS chips that I plan to have milled for a @Gear label job.

I question is this: If I decide to label these as fracs for a cash set, then later down the line decide that I want to relabel them for a tourney set, would it be difficult to remove the gear label to replace with another? I hear that these labels are super durable when the adhesive cures.

Anyone have experience with this? My apologies if this has been discussed before, I couldn't find anything in my thread search.

Thank you and happy new year!!

Xacto knife, stab, remove.

It's not too bad. Sometimes they can be pretty sealed in, but it's way easier then standard hand murdering Paulson inlays.

Thanks Josh as always! I was worried about having to commit to one or the other if removing the labels was a huge hassle.
I look forward to receiving these milled from your shop!

I’m removing some gear labels from some chips right now and replacing them with different gear labels.

As Josh says they come off fairly easily. Some easier than others. Just watch for the residue that some leave behind before you put the new labels on. I ended up with a couple of lumpy labels because I didn’t spot it and had to redo them.

did you have to use any chemical or solution to remove the labels, or do they just peel off?
Thank you!

Just cut into them with a craft knife and they peeled off. Most came off in one go while some were stuck in a bit better and came out in 2 or 3 bits.
I just rubbed the residue off with my fingers. Didn’t need any chemicals.

Here’s what they look like with the labels removed. You can see a bit of the clear residue on the one on the top right of picture.

2681B2F5-FEEE-4A8B-AEFA-5B05B4BA5D39.jpeg

Last edited:
What Gear labels closely match the labels that come on CPC chips?
“Laminated textured” depending on the CPC mold. There are a couple molds that aren’t very textured and the “laminated smooth” are probably closer on those.

“Laminated textured” depending on the CPC mold. There are a couple molds that aren’t very textured and the “laminated smooth” are probably closer on those.
Was not aware the mold would affect what label could go on it. This would be the CSq mold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom