Replace felt and Repair rail (1 Viewer)

PLOdonk

Pair
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a used BBO Lumen poker table from FB Marketplace, but it seems like I'll have to replace the felt and repair a rip in the rail.

What's my best way of going about this? How expensive/difficult would these repairs be?

Any suggestions on where to order new felt?

^^^ I ordered from Texas Poker Supply and replaced the felt on my table. Pretty easy with a staple gun, spray adhesive and new foam. I watched @T_Chan youtube videos and it turned out great.

I have not done a rail yet, but want to try it eventually (when necessary). Repair likely means replacing the vinyl and possibly the foam. As I understand it, this process can be tricky, but there’s plenty of guidance here. This place seems to be a go-to for rail materials:

https://www.yourautotrim.com/potara...MI8NX_6qqb_AIVRg-tBh04dAwLEAAYASAAEgKi-vD_BwE

Good luck. Post pictures.

Depending how your rail is attached to the table will depend upon how easy it is to remove. On my original table, the rail was glued down, and getting it up also affected the racetrack covering.
I had to make a new rail, and attached a new vinyl on top of new HD foam. It wasn't that difficult to do, just patience and tons of staples for the rail. There are many tutorials for installing a new vinyl on top of a rail, and it is foolproof.
I did take advantage, and made a raised rail with a light diffuser, which included a new racetrack that had a 1/8" slot cut into it with a router, for attaching the light diffuser.
I have changed my felt (cloth) 3 times after the original. My first was a green suits speed cloth, then a custom felt, then a hockey themed cloth, and I have a one that I just ordered. I seem to change them every few years it seems.
There are many places that do custom sublimation cloths, but Chanman on here is likely the best known, and is a vendor on PCF.
The thing about a custom cloth, it is best if you can make your own design using a program such as Adobe illustrator, so as to save $$. If you have to get someone to design it for you, it will increase the price exponentially.

Good Luck with your project

^^^ I ordered from Texas Poker Supply and replaced the felt on my table. Pretty easy with a staple gun, spray adhesive and new foam. I watched @T_Chan youtube videos and it turned out great.

I have not done a rail yet, but want to try it eventually (when necessary). Repair likely means replacing the vinyl and possibly the foam. As I understand it, this process can be tricky, but there’s plenty of guidance here. This place seems to be a go-to for rail materials:

https://www.yourautotrim.com/potara...MI8NX_6qqb_AIVRg-tBh04dAwLEAAYASAAEgKi-vD_BwE

Good luck. Post pictures.
Awesome. Thanks for the link, I'm a bit worried about the whole process but I figure it's my easiest/cheapest way to a nice table.

just curious - what is the best table foam to buy if I wanted to replace the padding under my table felt?

just curious - what is the best table foam to buy if I wanted to replace the padding under my table felt?
YAT (yourautotrim.com) offers several reasonably-priced options, depending on your hardness/softness preferences. I like their softer stuff, so tend to avoid the Volara offerings. Use code scottkeen for 15% off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom