Removable cup holders, what style? (1 Viewer)

Which style would you choose?

• Total voters
This is important. Gonna need you to find a friendly volunteer or three, film them as they jam their knees into the mounts while the cup holders are not slid-in, and comment on which one hurts less. And then post their reactions on youtube.

Mostly joking, of course, although I am genuinely interested in avoiding knee pain when they inevitably run into those mounts.
I have swing out cupholders on two of my tables that put them basically in this same position. Nobody has ever hit their knee on them in 10 years. But they are positioned as dual cupholders between seating positions so I don't know if it would be an issue if they place it directly in front of them. I don't think so.

This is important. Gonna need you to find a friendly volunteer or three, film them as they jam their knees into the mounts while the cup holders are not slid-in, and comment on which one hurts less. And then post their reactions on youtube.

Mostly joking, of course, although I am genuinely interested in avoiding knee pain when they inevitably run into those mounts.

Totally a valid concern. For me, cup holders in the rail are preferred. But for those who don't want them in the rail, or in the playing surface and don't have room for drink carts, then this is an available alternative. Or perhaps I should just put a sticker on each mount that says "Bash knee here" so that when someone does inevitably hit their knee, they can look down and see that they followed the instructions properly.

Or perhaps I should just put a sticker on each mount that says "Bash knee here" so that when someone does inevitably hit their knee, they can look down and see that they followed the instructions properly.
Love the sticker idea. Make it so!

1) I think the only reason to have removeable cupholders is to be able to change the position that it's in. So, the mounts would need to be slideable, or you would need 3 times as many of them. That might become cost prohibitive.

I think this nails it! It seems like the ultimate setup is drink carts, BUT, there is a WORLD of people who don't have man caves with boatloads of room, or who setup in the dining room/kitchen with a folding table to play. And where I think this whole thing gets sticky is...what kind of space per person do you need to make "cup holders that stick out" work? Won't that have to be to your side, but not in a place where you are smashing it with your hand while shoving all in?

Another thread revived by new PCF software, I suppose. I missed this the first time around.

Those cupholders look great, Tony. I wish I had discovered them a long time ago. Both are interesting, but the slide-in mount feels better to me. A high-end table should have no wiggle room, so the slide-in mount wins. The slightly cheaper latch-in though, would be great for a cheaper folding table, and it looks like it's a little easier to disconnect - something a folding table owner would likely need to do after every game.

Love the idea, but I think i would be more worried about people leaning on it. How much weight can the rail/brackets hold?

Love the idea, but I think i would be more worried about people leaning on it. How much weight can the rail/brackets hold?

Not sure, I haven't tried a weight test yet. The brackets are metal, so they should hold up well. I wouldn't sit on one of them or anything like that, but if you accidentally leaned on it, it would hold up fine. I'll do some tests though to get a sense of the weight limit before failing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom