Relabeling my 8 stripe composite chips (1 Viewer)

Knipedrums

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have had some good luck labeling chips using online labels paper labels and spraying them with matte finish. I am redoing them and purchased a vinyl label. I was wondering if anyone has utilized a clear label to essentially laminate the label for more protection. Before I spend the money for the clear labels just wanted to ask the group. Thank You

I wish someone had replied to this thread, because I'm considering the same thing. I am planning to buy weatherproof polyester labels and put clear protector labels over them. I have samples of the clear matte and clear glossy on my chips as I write this. Originally, I thought for sure I would prefer the matte, but it's almost cloudy. The glossy is much more see-through, and although you get a glare when the light hits it just right, the colors pop more on the clear glossy protecting label.

The only thing I would worry about is the thickness of the label with a clear over it, your chips may wobble due to the clear being higher than the chip face.. I had some labels printed form a vendor on here and I had to get NO COATING to fit my paulsons I was relabeling, and when I stacked more than 20 chips they would wobble a little bit.

Good luck. I wished I would have seen this back then too.. I would have replied.

The only thing I would worry about is the thickness of the label with a clear over it, your chips may wobble due to the clear being higher than the chip face.. I had some labels printed form a vendor on here and I had to get NO COATING to fit my paulsons I was relabeling, and when I stacked more than 20 chips they would wobble a little bit.

I have samples of both the printed labels and the clear labels, and there is no issue with stacking. I was worried about the same thing.

Most just buy laminated labels from @Gear or @ABC Gifts and Awards

Prices are good and they are printed on vinyl with lamination on top (textured or glossy)

If I was labeling high quality chips, I would absolutely go that route. However, I'm labeling NEXGEN 8000s and I don't want to spend more on my labels than the chips cost LOL. My prototypes look pretty good IMO. Two sided chips with 0.875" printed labels and 1" clear protector labels … glossy protector labels on the left, matte protector labels on the right. I'm going to print out some 1" labels as my final prototypes before I make my final decision. I'm having a hard time deciding between the glossy and the matte. The color pops more on the glossy … but that glare.

Prototypes side A.jpg

Prototypes side B.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom